Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

241 - 260 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have already mounted the cam.
I do not have a custom map but only the automatic map the bike does when letting it run with the fan running for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
There is no "automatic map". it's a major misconception.

All that is for the bike is an idle relearn. It doesn't change any real parameters or targets for more power, just simply where in it's built-in fueling variance for the thing to idle as close to what's programmed in it. The assumption is that if it can idle, it's likely in the right place for the pre-programmed targets in fueling at that different range.

Part of the process post-tune is to let it idle until the fans kick on for it to learn the idle variance for different temps, etc. All modern EFI systems for the last 20+ years (since '96 with OBD-II) have had something like this built into it.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
It’s
Is this the correct thingamabob for connecting bike (T120) to android device when using TuneECU ?
Thanks
It’s supposed to work. I got the OBDLink LX and I know that works for downloading maps.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
Paint it Black. There will be instructions in the box. You don't need to download their application in step one for your Triumph because you will be using Tune ECU application. You can do. Steps 2 thru 9. Step 9 has the password pair the OBD link to you android. It shows the password on the paper instruction and it won't match the one on your android, just use the one on the android...the paper instruction is just an example.

Step one is for your car.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
If you haven’t done so, join tuneecuboards.net. All of the software and hardware info and instruction is there. The Tuneecu authors recommend the OBDLink LX, MX, and MX+.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Paint it Black. There will be instructions in the box. You don't need to download their application in step one for your Triumph because you will be using Tune ECU application. You can do. Steps 2 thru 9. Step 9 has the password pair the OBD link to you android. It shows the password on the paper instruction and it won't match the one on your android, just use the one on the android...the paper instruction is just an example.

Step one is for your car.

Thanks Retjustdad53,
Most of this is sailing way over my head, lucky for me my wife has a much better understanding of modern technology than i do, even though she knows nothing about motorcycles and i've spent 40 years playing with them she'll be the one to get this done,
need to send The Diva a message now

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
If you haven’t done so, join tuneecuboards.net. All of the software and hardware info and instructions are there. The Tuneecu authors recommend the OBDLink LX, MX, and MX+.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Another T120 tuned today! That's three in the last two weeks. Watch out 1200HP boys, those HT's will be nippin' on your heels.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Another T120 tuned today! That's three in the last two weeks. Watch out 1200HP boys, those HT's will be nippin' on your heels.
Glad to hear they are moving on up! It just goes to show appreciation for performance isn't just a Thruxton thing. Here is challenge for the performance minded T120 riders out there for this summer, meet or beat last fall time below....now that would be nippin'.

The one on the right not the one on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm one of those with a T120 who just tried one of Danielle's tunes.

I ended up using a Samsung tablet, 2GB RAM, and the obdlink LX adapter. Being this was my 1st Android device and the 1st time I ever opened up TuneECU, I was able to reprogram my ecu pretty easily. Danielle provided me with 2 maps (one having a little more "hair" on it.. lol) and I loaded the "base" map first. No issues with TuneECU connecting/loading to my ecu.

The result was astonishing, something that you can definitely feel. Its amazing what a proper tune can do!! I thought the factory tune was perfectly fine, and frankly, I had no idea this kind of increased performance could ever be attained from simply "tuning" it... and to top it off, all of this without opening up the motor!! All I did was let Danielle know my mods, and the fact that 91 octane fuel is the highest I can get.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
I just ran a Danielle tune on my T120 and my first impression is that it is “woken”. This was a 5 minute ride because it is 29 F here. More later.

I’ve now loaded maps with Android TuneECU (bluetooth) 2 times. Headlight fuse out, connected to Battery Tender. Both times the program connected to the ECU but crapped out leaving everything dead. Turned the ignition off and on, reconnected, then did the recovery, which finished after about 15 minutes both times. I don’t think this was a voltage issue as the downloads finished in recovery both times.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just ran a Danielle tune on my T120 and my first impression is that it is “woken”. This was a 5 minute ride because it is 29 F here. More later.

I’ve now loaded maps with Android TuneECU (bluetooth) 2 times. Headlight fuse out, connected to Battery Tender. Both times the program connected to the ECU but crapped out leaving everything dead. Turned the ignition off and on, reconnected, then did the recovery, which finished after about 15 minutes both times. I don’t think this was a voltage issue as the downloads finished in recovery both times.
I need another 350 miles to break in my cam before I open it up with Danielle's tune on my Thruxton R. I got about 100 miles in yesterday so far so good, plugs look good.

I have a new battery on my bike and loaded mine with a Samsung Galaxy tablet with only the Tune ECU application running with no other bluetooth devices around. It loaded up in 15 minutes much to my relief.

I did have the battery tender on and the voltage stayed above 12.3. Perhaps the combination of battery strength and Android device makes the difference. Glad the load was completed and your happy with the performance.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
interesting as i thought tuneecu was dead on the new water cooled bikes, maybe the cable i got for my air cooled bonnie is moot but newer tec works! OE tunes always are safer + leave power behind to meet the EPA + get optimal mpgs, but better fueling along with proper more aggressive timing using premium fuel gains can be had!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would love to try one of divas tunes on my bike and give an objective opinion . My bike has been tuned by my wiz of a tuner so would love to put the bike on the same dyno and compare. May end up pulling.the trigger on the $200 asking price just purely as an experiment.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
having only ridden my new to me preowned 18 T120 i did not notice the snatchy throttle on my air cooled 2012, removing that alone is worthwhile for sure! being preowned i really dont know anything i cant see on it for mods!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Absolutely safe. I'm not trying to push any limits or exceed any safety nets that exist.

Somebody else can go up there and try some crazy stuff, push limits and blow up an engine, but that's not for me and I don't want to push the limits. As soon as you start pushing limits you also put durability at major risk.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

241 - 260 of 283 Posts