Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have an Android device, nor do I want to purchase one for a one time use. Anyone in the Tampa Bay area that I could pay to use theirs?
I just want to load TTP Tune Map 3 to my Thruxton.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Thunderbird 1600 ABS
185 Posts
If you don't get any replies, you can buy the CD and cable online (eBay).

·
Registered
2019 Scrambler 1200 XC
366 Posts
If you don't get any replies, you can buy the CD and cable online (eBay).
Assuming it’s an air cooled Thruxton… the liquid cooled Thruxtons need an Android device.

But, FWIW, you can find suitable Android devices pretty cheaply if you dig around. Craigslist, eBay, pawnshops, computer repair shops…. I got a tablet just for Tune ECU for $50.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Lots of cool info there. Thanks!
Lots of cool info there. Thanks!
The extra maps in the Google share are are for my TT600 with aftermarket exhaust so don't get sidetracked by them. I spent hours and hours manually changing fuel values in TuneECU then roadtesting generation after generation. Later, when I figured out you can actually drag the curves with a mouse the resulting map was better by generation 4 or 5 than the 20 or 25th generation map made changing values.

·
Registered
2012 Thunderbird 1600 ABS
185 Posts
The extra maps in the Google share are are for my TT600 with aftermarket exhaust so don't get sidetracked by them. I spent hours and hours manually changing fuel values in TuneECU then roadtesting generation after generation. Later, when I figured out you can actually drag the curves with a mouse the resulting map was better by generation 4 or 5 than the 20 or 25th generation map made changing values.
I've been thinking of richening up by 10% all of the stock values in the fuel map. Surely there's a better way than going into each square? I'm not sure the graph drag will work for me here but never knew that feature existed.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've been thinking of richening up by 10% all of the stock values in the fuel map. Surely there's a better way than going into each square? I'm not sure the graph drag will work for me here but never knew that feature existed.
I found the curve dragging feature in this YouTube video -
. I think 10% is too much to start with. Mark your throttle with tape at 10%, 25%, 50%, 75% and figure out where the lean spots are (almost always lean because of either emissions, intake or exhaust mods) then look at the curves in TuneECU to try and figure it out.

·
Vendor
2,436 Posts
I don't have an Android device, nor do I want to purchase one for a one time use. Anyone in the Tampa Bay area that I could pay to use theirs?
I just want to load TTP Tune Map 3 to my Thruxton.

Thanks.
To load one of our tunes you will require a Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 laptop and an OBD-2 USB cable. The tunes won't work on an Android device..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Amazon has the necessary USB to ODB-2 cable(s). There are many to pick from. It's a tricky thing sometimes getting Windows to recognize the cable. There's a com port to USB conversion driver thing going on. If you're on the other side it's fiddly. Still, not beyond the capability of the determined armed with a laptop.

·
Registered
Bonneville Black 2011 customised 904cc, 11:1, 813c cams, 44mm Street Triple TBs , TEC 2 into 1
575 Posts
To load one of our tunes you will require a Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 laptop and an OBD-2 USB cable. The tunes won't work on an Android device..
I would highly recommend a map and cables from Mike at TTP for a a great performance Map and a simple Map loading process. A professional well prepared option and you will love the difference in your bikes ride ability and performance……

I have run two different Maps on my EFI Bonnie to suit my performance mod upgrades in its life and from mild to wild mods the Maps have been well suited to the modifications and ran beautifully…

well done Mike at TTP!

Reactions: PieMan
1 - 11 of 11 Posts