Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm extremely new to the triumph group. i bought a street triple R 765 that was having some electrical issues. i found it had to be with the ignition system. so i bought a ecu set for an RS and i'm trying to tune it to an R map. I tried connecting with a cable i use for my bmw, i couldn't get it to connect next i bought one on ebay local.
Still no luck, i keep hearing that the lonelec is the way to go, but due to this whole corona virus thing i dont think they will allow it to be shipped from the uk to the us. any good cables made in the us? I need to tune ASAP, im running out of ideas. i tried 2 different computer both on windows 10 with tune ecu version 2.5.8 and FTDI 2.12.28. please help me!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I think you'll find your bike is Bluetooth only, so you'll need an Android tablet or phone and a Bluetooth adaptor, if you are going to download a map you will need the OBD link LX or MX adaptor, available on Amazon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you'll find your bike is Bluetooth only, so you'll need an Android tablet or phone and a Bluetooth adaptor, if you are going to download a map you will need the OBD link LX or MX adaptor, available on Amazon.
i thought on the tune ecu website they say you cant read or write maps on bluetooth? can someone esle confirm or deny this?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i thought on the tune ecu website they say you cant read or write maps on bluetooth? can someone esle confirm or deny this?
It all depends on your specific bike and VIN number, there is a list of bikes on the tune ECU website that details how to connect to each.
All the 765 street triples will be Bluetooth only like I said previously.

·
Registered
736 Posts
What CafRacer wrote is absolutely correct.
The street triple R 765 is only compatible with the Android version of TuneECU and only via a Bluetooth connection.
The Windows version is many years old and only supports the very old T models.
Whether your model can be reprogrammed depends on the VIN.
If there are maps for your VIN (see databases on Tuneecu.net or box.net) then the bike is also compatible for reprogramming.

Regards, Tom

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi guys,

Is there any links for Mac users to download/use the software?
Thanks!
AFAIK its Android only for the current version. The old Windows version is only suitable for older models. You could run boot camp on a Mac, but realistically the best option is a cheap Android tablet and an OBD link LX or MX Blutooth adapter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
AFAIK its Android only for the current version. The old Windows version is only suitable for older models. You could run boot camp on a Mac, but realistically the best option is a cheap Android tablet and an OBD link LX or MX Blutooth adapter.
Thanks for your answer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts