Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have connected with my bluetooth reader no problem, but I do not see the option to reprogram. So my assumption is I need to hardwire the reader to my nexus 7 tablet. Anyone have a link to an amazon connector? I know this must get asked a lot but I have not found a definitive answer.
Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Does you tablet android version support OTG?
The cable is a KKL VAG COM cable w/ FTDI ship. They are usually available on ebay.
Still you can have a look to the cable section here.
Have a look to this table though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fredsprint I don't know if it supports OTG (nexus 7-2012) but I will find out soon enough. Just have to wait for the royal mail. I ordered the correct cable from London. If it doesn't I will go to the windows version.

·
2,945 Posts
You can use Tune ECU via bluetooth on Android. Have you tried that instead?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can use Tune ECU via bluetooth on Android. Have you tried that instead?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes it works great for anything but uploading and downloading maps. With bluetooth the options just do not appear. Kind of expected they would at least be there but greyed out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe the answer related to your tablet is here . Seems you have a slight chance it's supported by your android version.
It's a little tricky as there are different generations of nexus 7 as well. I believe it may NOT work on my 2012 generation. If not, I have another tablet kicking around here somewhere, and if not again I have my windows laptop. It's important to me that I can save my "obsolete" map because the bike runs damn good but seems a bit lean. I will try the recommended map if I can ever get to that point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts