Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to potentially change my stock single cowl seat to the Triumph OEM dual comfort seat - any thoughts from folks who've done this? Have heard some rumors about the dual seat being uncomfortable? Any other options - have looked at the options from Corbin but they're pretty expensive.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did that and very happy with the comfort. Although I miss aesthetics of the original cowl seat.
The good news they are super easy to swap.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Whan I brought my new Thruxton I ordered the dual comfort seat straight away but had to wait 2 weeks before it arrived when riding with the stock seat for two weeks my arse was sore the dual seat is a lot better and looks better as well, I can ride all day with out any problems now, some find it uncomfortable but mine is better than the stock seat, but if I was to travel long distants then a lambs wool seat cover be a good investment for those very long miles.

Ashley

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
The highest compliment I can give the dual comfort saddle is you're gonna notice other systems failing besides your arse if you ride a Thrux a long ways. Unless you're a young fella.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I've done a 750 km day and several 4 - 500 km days on the dual comfort saddle. It was okay. The dual comfort makes a good platform for a tail bag too.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Swapped my original seat for dual comfort as soon as I could negotiate a discount from dealer ( don't pay full price ) . Have no intention of swapping back .?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've done a 750 km day and several 4 - 500 km days on the dual comfort saddle. It was okay. The dual comfort makes a good platform for a tail bag too.
Yes. This is another reason I got the seat. I keep a small Kriega US-5 dry bag attached to it.

Vadim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
pietrj, I've made 2 posts without answering your question. Sorry, I'll try again.

I don't find either the stock or dual comfort to be uncomfortable. And I don't find the dual comfort to be any more comfortable than stock, just different. I've done a +500 km day on the stock saddle too. All my long days have been on twisty secondary roads, so long hours as well. As is always said in saddle threads, saddle comfort is subjective. Still, some bikes (air cooled Bonnies come to mind) are almost unanimously recognized as having uncomfortable saddles. I haven't seen many complaints about the TTR saddle here, and I have seen several members give the dual comfort luke warm or negative reviews. And other riders seem to find the dc a great improvement.

Now if you're thinking of riding 2 up on a TTR, that's a whole other story.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all - think I'm going to pull the trigger when I find a good deal (also like the idea of being able to strap a tail bag to it).

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I changed mine to the duel comfort seat so that I could throw over my throw over leather saddle bags when I am traveling and sometime for when the wife want to come out for a ride, takes me just a few seconds to throw the saddle bags on as well I carry my swag or duffle bag across the top saddle bags I also have a rack on the back for another bag that is on all the time, with this set up I can carry a lot of gear, my home made alloy saddle bag surports are also kept on the bike as I like to pack the bike up and just go at short notice, I have clocked up a lot of miles with this same set up on both my old and new Thruxton, at 61 years old I find the CF seat to be quiet comfortable for me any way and the Thruxton S is a good long distant traveler, I can carry a lot of gear with this set up.

Ashley

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got the duel so I can strap a bag to it when traveling. No problems doing 600+km days. I like the look of it better personally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts