Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm hoping you can help me get the Wifes bike started... been good as gold ... seeing as the sun was out yesterday I gave it a quick wash. Dried it off and put it in the garage for the night...

This morning she tried to start it and nothing ... assumed was battery so told her to take my bike.

This eve got home and its defo not battery... battery measures 12.2v... lights / horn works...

But ignition lights / dash display is dead... starter is dead... cant hear fuel pump prime, etc...

Checked fuses and they are ok...

What next? - I'm pulling my hair out!!! :(

·
Registered
234 Posts
Didn't some circuit on the dash need to be complete in order the bike to run?

EDIT: What I meant was that maybe you'll find something with the search

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't some circuit on the dash need to be complete in order the bike to run?

EDIT: What I meant was that maybe you'll find something with the search
Searching was the first thing I tried mate...

lights / horn work but nothing on the dashboard and its dead / wont start...

Wife reckons the alarm is acting odd (Meta M357T) which has been fine ... but I've disconnected the battery and now have the bike on optimate...

Not sure what to check next as I'm getting 12v at the fusebox and have checked all the fuses.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just had a similarish nightmare with my 4. turned out to be a bad earth on the wiring loom.
Hope this helps..
Thanks... I will check that when get home this evening.

I did go over the whole loom last night making sure all connections were tight and clean.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update

Battery fully charged and showing 13.04v when coming off the Oxford Maximiser... connected to bike and nothing - DEAD :mad:

Alarm didnt bleep either when connecting battery which I'm sure it did before and the LED is not flashing either :(

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
FYI - a fully charged battery is 12.6volts and not 12volts. A dead battery is 12volts.

It sound like when you washed it you might have got some water into the fuse box and popped a fuse, your have a bad relay since you have lights etc. I would make sure that my battery terminals are shiny. Dull terminals are corroded terminals. Then I would check my ground, my fuses and my relays.

Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts