Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've looked everywhere on here for tyre recommendations for a TT600 (2002 model). Since I can't find it, can anyone recommend a set of tyres as I need to replace mine soon. Happy to ride in the wet as well as dry so help is much appreciated. Also, recommend a tyre shop (Avon, Bath, UK). Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Michelin Pilot Road 3s seem to be the hands-down winner in the wet riding category, and I've not heard anything bad about them in the dry, either.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way the bloody weather is in the UK I'm gonna need full wets!! Rained for 3 days now.

·
Registered
329 Posts
dont you like pilot road 3 s then?lol I have an old 885 sprint and they are great tyres on that bike.loads of grip and amazing in the wet

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To be honest with you I haven't a clue!! This is my first big bike and the tyres on it are the original from 10 years ago. I have heard good things about the Pilot, I'm just wondering if there are others available, like to have a choice.

·
Registered
329 Posts
hi again,f you look in left hand column, All forums,sport and touring,then look in the centre at the forums, check out triumph Supersport,theres a lot of useful advise in there but many seem to like pr2 or 3 s

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Lots and lots of models will come up for riding in the dry, but PR3s consistently get the nod for wet grip.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Does that really matter if you'll be riding in the rain?

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
329 Posts
youre riding in Bath so I assume its gonna be wet,right???lol
look some like bridgestones,some like pirelli,I prefer my michelins but then again my bike is not a tt600
as i said before look in the triumph supersport forums theres loads of stuff in there relevent to you

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wayhey!!! There it is, give the man a pride. Lol. Well, I know bugger all about tyres on bikes, even avoid reading about them in bike mags. So just after words of wisdom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts