Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say that i am a newly proud Triumph owner,don't know why i didn't buy one earlier.

Have just acquired a TT600 2003 model and am have some small annoyances with it,mainly the problem of it stalling as i slow down and pull in the clutch.Have been reading some of the topics on this forum and there are some others out there that have had the same problem.
First i thought that it was the ECM (power comander - after market product?) but the problem being so wide ,perhaps that's not what i should be looking at.I have just had the bike returned form a very reputable Triumph repairer here in Melbourne and he said that he had fixed the problem,sad to say not fixed.
Has anyone got any other ideas as to what this could be,i doubt it's fuel or intake related.I can say that the idle is very low,from what i am used too,about 1k.Almost like at the lights she is going to cut out on me.

Also was thinking of getting a lowering kit i saw,i am not the tallest person and can't get my feel flat on the floor,safety thing for me.Anyone lowered their bike, and did it make that much of a difference?

cheers

·
Premium Member
2004 Daytona 955i, 2018 Indian Roadmaster, 1980 CB650C in resto
17,790 Posts
Have you checked the idle with a mechanic's tachometer?

As for the foot down issue, that's not necessarily an issue. If you really think you might drop it, then do something about it. Otherwise, improve your leg strength and (even more importantly) balance, and you'll be fine. I can't even come close to flat footing on my Daytona 955i. I've probably got 2" or 3" of air under each heel when I've got both feet down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts