Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,279 Posts
I just bought a T600 and love it. It's very docile at lower revs but it screams on the top end. Handling is outstanding and it's comfortable enough for long rides. There are a number of sport bags you can get, and as mentioned, you can also use a magnetic tank bag.

I'll agree about the passenger thing, though. It's not really a two-up bike.

· Registered
2,279 Posts

Basic ergonomics. The operator's portion of the seat is dished, which lets you touch the ground. And note the position of the pegs, especially the distance to the seat. Remember, that's already a pretty aggressive riding position, though not quite as radical as a GSXR or a 675.

Now, take a look at the passenger section. It's up higher and the seat is rounded off. The pegs are a lot closer to the seat. It's even more radical than the operator's position. There's nothing to give the passenger any sense of security - she's perched up there in what is basically a squatting position and leaned forward to hang on and stay out of the wind.

Now, this isn't too bad for short runs, but it's not something you'd want to endure for any amount of time.

I have a friend with an older Honda Hurricane 1000. Ergonomics are similar. His wife won't ride with him any more because she's just not comfortable.

Now, as a rider, I find the TT seat very comfortable. Way better than the stock seat on my Speed Triple. But it's just not passenger-friendly.

[ This message was edited by: R100Pilot on 2006-12-04 15:11 ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.