Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am relatively new to biking and am looking for my first 'big' bike. I have ridden a fair few bikes, from Speedfight 2 50cc scooters and Aprilia RX50 trials bikes, through to DT125R's, CR125, CB500 and VFR800 VTEC so I have some experience but not a great deal.

My useage would be a mixture of commuting (40 mile round trip), weekend pleasure riding (including some with the missus on the back, roughly a 150 mile trip each way over a wknd) and the potential for some light touring in Northern France.

So, bearing in mind all this, would you guys recommend the TT600 for my requirements?

Thanks!

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool cool. I'll prob go for a TT as i think the fairing would be beneficial at high speeds - the difference between the CB500 and VFR800 at 80mph was incredible!

Whats the TT600 like for luggage options? And is there any underseat storage?

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a little concerned about the poor 2-up comments coming through?! Its got a fairly big seat and, with a grab rail installed, I can't really see any reason why it wouldn't be suitable?

If it helps, the missus is only around 7.5 stone (50kg or 110lbs) so about as light as an adult pillion gets! Surely the bike was designed to cope with this?

Also, is the suspension (f + r) adjustable as standard to cope with varying loads? Ta.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, i see what you're saying. Comparing it to a VFR800 for instance, which is very good for pillions I'd say from my own experience as one:

Thing is thou, i'm 6ft tall and am comfy on the VFR - the missus being only 5'3" should surely be comfortable on the back of the TT for 150 miles or so? Cos the extra room on the VFR must be equaled by the smaller person on the TT (i.e me vs. her as a pillion?)

Other than that perspective, does the bike itself handle pillions ok? And is the front and rear suspension adjustable?

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What are the service intervals on the TT, and is there anything I should be looking for on a 14,000 mile bike? Valve clearance imminent? Any other problems?

Is 14k regarded as high mileage - its a 2000 model bike from a Triumph Dealer?

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok ok ok...show me some pics! Add them to the advert if you can, if not please let me have the url to a site or just PM me for my email...!

[ This message was edited by: MickyC on 2006-12-14 15:59 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.