Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 2001 tt600 and am in need of a seat cowl for it, I’m aware that the speed four is the same thing but no matter what I search I can’t seem to find one anywhere and when I do there unavailable. If any of you know where I can get one or if you have one please let me know. Does not matter what color!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is one guy on Facebook who has made a mould of his old seat cowl and I understand he is making new ones.
The group is called "Triumph TT600 - appreciation"

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's me! I haven't been on the forum for a while. This was the last batch of seat cowls I made and they're all on their way to new homes. I can make them on demand though (takes me a couple of weeks)

Attachments

·
Registered
Speed triple 955i (gone but not forgotten), speed four 600.
10 Posts
Dare I ask how much these lovely things are? Just got a speed four that is missing the cowl, and would very much like to have one.
Not so keen on painting it, cos triumph colours are a pain to match.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dare I ask how much these lovely things are? Just got a speed four that is missing the cowl, and would very much like to have one.
Not so keen on painting it, cos triumph colours are a pain to match.
They're $100AUD plus $40AUD shipping to the UK. I'm no good at painting, I leave that to the professionals. A few people have vinyl-wrapped theirs however

·
Registered
Speed triple 955i (gone but not forgotten), speed four 600.
10 Posts
That's not bad actually. Do I have to source mounting hardware myself/rig some sheet metal bracketry?

·
Registered
45 Posts
They're made from a 2 piece mould and the mounting tabs are part of the initial fibreglass mat, so its all integrated. I supply a couple of M5 cap screws to attach to the underside seat mounts. Here's a pic where you can see the attaching tabs

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,839 Posts
That looks like a very well done part.

Reactions: speed_racer_16v

·
Registered
06 Triumph S4
9 Posts
They're made from a 2 piece mould and the mounting tabs are part of the initial fibreglass mat, so its all integrated. I supply a couple of M5 cap screws to attach to the underside seat mounts. Here's a pic where you can see the attaching tabs
I may be in the market for one of these in the new future. I just picked up my S4 last week and it does not have a cowl. My wife wont really be riding on the back, so id prefer to cover it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have recently bought a 2001 tt600 and am in need of a seat cowl for it, I’m aware that the speed four is the same thing but no matter what I search I can’t seem to find one anywhere and when I do there unavailable. If any of you know where I can get one or if you have one please let me know. Does not matter what color!!
I have a yellow one, but the 4 tabs are broken off. I think I still have the broken pieces. PM Me if interested

1 - 12 of 12 Posts