Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been on there forums much so I don't know if this has been addressed much. The intake tubes that have the hose going into the side of them tend to split and in my recent experience caused my TT600 idle issues.

I was bored tonight so I took the tubes off, cleaned them and put Sugru, a silicone based moulding rubber type of compound around the fittings. It's a little expensive but I had a bunch from x-mass.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I just went to the neighborhood auto parts store and bought some clear fuel line for weed eaters. Just got to figure out the correct size.

Just remember the hose on the intake is a different size than the one on the ICV.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: fitted them today. I was going to get new hoses since the old ones were cracked but I had another mint set laying around of the original ICV system. tossed that on there for now, just to get the bike running again before winter hit.

MUCH better performance, I can finally take off from a stop without fiddling with the throttle and stalling or revving out to much. It's smooth and back to normal...

I think it still has a ever so slight leak as the throttle isn't perfect but I will address that once I fit new silicone vacuum hoses to the ICV system. That should take care of any air leaks for a long time! Personally, I think they should have tapped straight into the throttle body housings with metal fittings instead of making this weak rubber spot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts