Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were can I buy race plastics for my bike. I was looking at superbikebodywork.co.uk however I don't know if they will ship to the usa Thanks any help would be great
Bruce

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
Sharkskinz are excellent quality, and they are one of the few companies who make aftermarket bodywork for 600cc Triumphs. I have used sharkskinz for the race bike, and they have been repaired several times. When there's not a whole lot of choices, having a high quality option is a whole lot better than having nothing but poor quality junk to choose from.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I second that. I had the one piece upper and one piece lower SSkinz on my TT600 and was impressed with the quality of fiberglass and the fit. In my opinion, they're worth the money.

A note: if you are planning on painting them, don't assume the factory primer is all you need. You need to also shoot a good amount of primer on them and block that out, else you will see the fiber matting after the paint cures.

·
Registered
94 Posts
+4 for Sharkskins: they work great, fit well and do the job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
http://www.superbikebodywork.co.uk/Triumph.htm#TT600

About $750.00 U.S. for a full set, including fender, with headlight cut-out and painted glossy your choice for color. There are no bosses for mirrors and led turn indicators, but it is a nice setup, especially with the optional D-rings.

Shipping? Oh, they'll deliver it overseas alright but you have to call, which probably means tons of pounds.

The white skins look pretty good with the big TTs and Union Jack on the tail, real close to stock. We're running out of options these days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
http://www.superbikebodywork.co.uk/Triumph.htm#TT600

About $750.00 U.S. for a full set, including fender, with headlight cut-out and painted glossy your choice for color. There are no bosses for mirrors and led turn indicators, but it is a nice setup, especially with the optional D-rings.

Shipping? Oh, they'll deliver it overseas alright but you have to call, which probably means tons of pounds.

The white skins look pretty good with the big TTs and Union Jack on the tail, real close to stock. We're running out of options these days.
Was gonna get some bodywork from these guys, just pussed out and never did. From what I remember the price was bearable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts