Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bought myself a TT600 and it has a 33bhp restrictor kit on it. Give it a good clean up yesterday, took the air filter out and cleaned it etc, while I was at it, took the restrictor washers and throttle stop out. Put the fuel tank back on making sure everything was plugged in the right place, and now it turns over but doesn't start. Any ideas what it could be?

Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
That sounds familar, must be catching. You could look a my post a bit further down and try BombFactory's suggestions, I did but sadly it still won't start. Mine turns over, I've got sparks when I take the plugs out, the plugs smell of fuel but it won't fire. I'm packing mine off the the dealers to plug it in to their diagnostics kit and see what they can come up with.

Frustrating or what !!:mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, im going to have another look at mine tomorrow, ill let you know how i get on. Up-date me after you've had your bike over to the dealers and let me know how it went please....

Thanks, josh

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
Guess what nothing wrong - dealer took it apart to check everything was connected up OK and it was - put it back together and it started first press. All I can guess is that maybe it was a dodgy electrical connection that sorted itself when they took it apart and put it back togehter again or a problem with air in the fuel lines that again sorted itself by either just being left to stand or being bumped around in the back of their van. Not much help I am afraid - hope you manage to get to the bottom of your problem.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Have you guys tried the fuel priming trick yet? I have to do this every time I let the bike sit for more than three days.

What you do is turn on the ignition, let the fuel pump prime, pull the clutch then hit the starter button. If it starts, great, if not heres what to do.

Turn the key off. count to ten then turn the key back on. Press and hold the starter button, then pull in the clutch lever. It should start, if not it probably sputtered once or twice then stopped tring to fire.

Now repeat the above steps. The bike should have started this time, if not give it 10 minutes and try again.

good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts