Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I searched the forum for this answer but no cigar. I'm tired of insuring my TT600 as a sportbike every year. It simply cost toooo much. (might have something to do with the economy! :D) Nonetheless, I've read numerous times that some insurance companies will actually insure my bike as a sport tourer.

Does anyone have a name of an insurance company that will insure my bike as a sport tourer? I've already tried Progressive and Geico. They consider it a sport bike! :( I'm calling AllState first thing tomorrow morning.

Help? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
8,844 Posts
I believe Allstate goes by cc. They used to, and my insurance is reasonable, relative.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check with State Farm. They rate insurance off CCs. I pay around 35 a month for a male under 25 with an auto policy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Guess what? GREAT NEWS!!!..................

I pay around 35 a month for a male under 25...
Glad that's working out for ya but, I'm into women!...LOL....:D

Seriously, thank you both for the info. You guys are definitely on the right track. After spending most of my day today on the phone with insurance companies, AllState, Statefarm and Progressive (in that order) seem to have the best rates thus far.

To answer my own question only AllState has a "Tourer Sport" option. Which is probably why they are the lowest at $153 liability yearly or only $480 full coverage for the year. I can get it cheaper than that if I chose rock bottom coverage levels.

**UPDATE**: AllState does not consider my bike a "Tourer Sport" and it does require the agent to enter the engine's size in CC however, it sees it as a "High Performance Bike"............Back to the drawing board! :(

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm what they call insurance broke, spend all my money on insurance.

But $500 a year isn't bad. I'm paying $600 something on my sprint (nothing on the TT) w/ a lot of uninsured motorist. brother was messed up a few years ago by someone w/ no insurance, so now I make sure I'm covered.

Heck, what I'm carring on my work van is nearly $2500 a year.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i know, I really thought I had found the needle in the haystack with AllState. Oh well! Monday I resume again and will post on any updates. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pay $195/yr for three bikes with Markel. :D
WOW! Now that's REALLY good! I'm wondering if the prices i've read on this forum are for just liability or full coverage? Any who, I checked out Markel and this is directly from their site...."We do not currently offer insurance for motorcycles in HI, MA, NJ, or NC."

I, of course, happen to live in New Jersey! :(

Thanks for the info though!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Insurance

I have progressive and its about $200 a year for A LOT of coverage, theft, personal injury, vandalism etc. etc. I'm 25 male with no speeding tickets (anymore). Maybe Jersey costs more?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Geico Motorcycle Insurance. Best I found.

$115 liability for a year for both my '07 S3 and '03 S4.

Full coverage would be ~$350 just for the S3 for the year.

I'm a 29 Male with clean record in California.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have progressive and its about $200 a year for A LOT of coverage, theft, personal injury, vandalism etc. etc. I'm 25 male with no speeding tickets (anymore). Maybe Jersey costs more?
In the end, Progressive gave me the best price. $210 (with road side assist & free towing). So I signed up! :)......now all i need is a FRONT WHEEL FOR A TT600!!......hint hint!

Geico Motorcycle Insurance. Best I found. $115 liability for a year for both my '07 S3 and '03 S4. Full coverage would be ~$350 just for the S3 for the year. I'm a 29 Male with clean record in California.
Geico was one of the first companies i called and surprisingly, they quoted me $375 liability and and whopping $1289 for full coverage. Yet my drivers license is so clean it doesn't even have my middle name! They were by far the worst.

also keep in mind that an S3 may not be considered a sport bike. which helps a whole lot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts