Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read on the triumph M/C news site that somebody has received a letter quote

“Today I received a letter from Triumph instructing me to take my bike in immediately to have the Male quick release fuel connectors replaced. Not doing so may result in fuel loss and / or a potential fire, loss of control”

Anybody else received this letter and is there any credence to it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yap, it was a recall in 04 if memoery serves me right. The connectors had an issue of breaking because they were plastic. It was a well known issue.

I had bought aftermarket ones from someone on TT600.org but I got the recall the next day. And it fixed for free.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Did mine last summer after I discovered gas leaking all over the engine. Called Freedom Cycle in Reno, explained the situation, gave the VIN, and they sent the parts. No cost. (And I learned how to remove the tank, and replace an air filter and spark plugs in the process.)

·
Registered
94 Posts
yep, the old couplings were plastic and didn;t like engine heat, the recall replaces them with metallic and is totally free of charge at the dealership and takes about a half hour to replace. no bigE.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for that lads, did not realise that the problem was ancient history. Will Talk to the lad I bought the bike off to make sure replacements were carried out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
if you take the bike to your local dealer, they can tell ya if the recall was performed, i am pretty sure they will do this free of charge...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hello Antisocial & welcome

Recall was for pretty much ALL Fuel Injected Triumphs.

The originals ones tended to be okay if you never touched them, but the moment you did they cracked and no longer sealed when you reconnected them = fuel p1ssing out over your engine when starting the bike up again :roll:
Replacement ones don't crack but are still cheap cr4p which don't self seal (by design!) when you disconnect them = fuel p1sses out over your engine as you disconnect them :evil: :evil: :gooff: "> :gooff: "> :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I've just ordered proper metal ones from Ride Team Triumph in the US for $90 delivered = bargain with the exchange rate.

Fuel Connectors

TT600 & Speed Four use the same ones

Details of the recall are here:
VOSA Recall Website

You can check here to see if there are any outstanding recalls on your bike:
Triumph Recall & Tech Update VIN Enquiry

You can join the RAT for free:
RAT

[ This message was edited by: Rik on 2006-12-08 03:36 ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
yup, i found out the hard way. it broke.

dealer fixed it and dented my fuel tank for free :mad:

i called them and they were some what receptive to it. i have to call back to see what they are gonna do about it. they are the only ones who could have done it. the bike is super clean and never droped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts