Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a weird problem with my 2000 TT600
It just cuts out then when I turn ignition off, wait about a min then it starts again, then after a few miles cuyts out again, I have noticed the Fuel pump Relay clicking in and out like mad, so changed the relay, made no difference, I changed the pump, the filter, in fact the whole unit in the end.

Still cutting out,

First can anyone email me a good quality wiring diagram
Secone WHAT THE HELL IS CAUSING THIS:mad:
Hope someone can help
Thanks all
MaDbrIT

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dropped??

No Never dropped it, the main relay clicking in and out though, makes me think of a loose connection, or battery failure, but its a new battery.

This is driving me MAD, just orderd a diagnostic cable, will plug it into my computer and see what happens.:confused:

Thanks

MadBrIT

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection to me.

I'd start looking at the main wires @ the ignition. And the battery, then just to make sure, the engine ground wire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that, I THINK we have found it, it had to be a MAIN power wire as the main relay has a 3 second delay before cut out when ign is turned off, but cuts out straight away if main power is lost, so tracked it down to a loose connection in the main red power wire from the battery direct to the main relay.

Just to make sure I took all the wires out of the connection and cleaned them.

Going to test it now

I will let you all know what happens

Thanks again for all your help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tt still cutting out

Hi all, went for a test run, but still cuts out, took about 20 min, so brought it home and put it on the computer
Pooter said i had a Throttle Position sensor fault or short
and the Fuel Tank relay short to earth

Where the hell is the fuel tank relay, looked on the wiring diagram, no relay, only the main relay.

Looked at the throttle position sensor, how to I test it, I put a meter across some wites and I am getting 0.4 to 7 ohms resistance, that seems oh to me.

Any comments please

Thanks

Graham

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2000 TT600 and some after market LED lights that I put under the fenders. If you have anything aftermarket on the bike I'd check your wiring to ensure that you're free from any shorts which may be slowly discharging your battery.

Another issue with these bikes is that the computers don't throw codes as easily as the new computers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts