Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I'm not sure what you adjusted to get the engine to stall on cold start, but have you tweaked with the cold start air/fuel ratios? You might have the start-up mixture too lean or the CO too lean.
You certainly don't want to touch the throttle when firing the engine, as this can throw the throttle position off.

Are the battery leads tight at the terminals?

As for what the person behind you said, they would not have been able to see unburned fuel. If they mean that there was black smoke coming out the exhaust, it could mean two things: the engine is running rich with too much fuel in the chamber, carboning things up and fouling the plug; or the engine is running on the rich side (not enough to foul the plug as the above situation) and has not been ran hard in a while. It can be carboned up and in need of a good run to clean it out. It is better to have a slightly rich mixture than lean, as a lean mixture can lead to major issues.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
What map is 115; they changed map numbering at one point, and my tuneboy maps aren't matching up to any 115. What Model is it from, VIN number range, and type of muffler?

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
Okay, I believe the 10115 is now the 10165. That is the late model map for a standard muffler engine equipped with secondary air injection. It is a popular tune, but at least from what I can find in my folders and from what I remember of TuneBoy's website, they don't have a late model map designated for aftermarket exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
I wonder if the air temp sensor in the air box is dirty or faulty? That could cause issues before the engine warms up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.