Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post. I was recommended this forum as a fountain of knowledge for all things triumph.

I've had my tt600 for a little while now. The bike began misfiring at low revs on one cylinder. I decided to have a look at the spark plugs, only to find the outer most, RHS coil to be rotten and the casing cracked. So I'm in the market for a new coil.

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the direction to get one quick and cheap. I'm in west London and don't mind travelling anywhere close, but mail-order would be preferable due to work.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
The cheapest place to get coils is through eBay or an online classifieds (like ours). The only things about getting them used is that you never know if what you are getting is going to be any better than what you've got.

The only other options are through a dealership or through bikebandit.com (who ships to your door). TRat.net members get a discount through bikebandit.com, so look into that in the sponsors' forum.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have four sitting in my shed. You can have one for postage if you like - they were all working fine a year ago.

Reckon it'll be about £5 if you want it Special Delivery for Thurs. PM me if interested & we'll exchange details (my PayPal & your address).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Themaster, you are a star. I'll PM you shortly.

Just a bit of information I found looking for plugs.

I was told that other IL4 plugs could possibly fit.

I read a rumour that the codes on the denso stick coils relate to resistance and such.

Apparently the first denotes resistance, the second operating temperatures and the third a manufacturer denotation.

tt600 = 129700-3990 J0399
cbr600rr = 129700-4510
gsxr600 = 129700-4400 J0440

They look identical, but I can't find specifications for resistance or operating temperatures.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cool, PM returned. I just double checked the number on the coil (they're from an S4) and they're identical, so that's all good sir.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have four sitting in my shed. You can have one for postage if you like - they were all working fine a year ago.

Reckon it'll be about £5 if you want it Special Delivery for Thurs. PM me if interested & we'll exchange details (my PayPal & your address).
If Rowey hasent taken all 4 coils Ill take 2 of you as when mine were replaced under waranty the dealer never fitted the seals at the top of the coil and now they play up in the wet. I got two of off ebay and the bike is running beter but the others still need replacing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts