Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just managed to get myself an 'genuine'!? Triumph Cowl for my TT (ebay) for only £25 new.....I'll let you know if its any good when it comes as he had 20 on there.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can get the Silver Spray paint to match the bike (mines the red/silver)....preferably UK.

Many thanks all and keep safe

dave

·
Registered
286 Posts
please link us to seller or auction! And post some pics when you get it.

As for the paint Id say you can try to match it with something in a generic can but getting it to match well might be tough. I know guys that will spray something that small for $50 so maybe get the paint code from Triumph and find someone to spray it?

·
Super Moderator
8,611 Posts
I know Triumph Racing Yellow used on TT600s and D6s and S4s is a dead ringer for Chevrolet Millennium Yellow. Don't know about the sliver. Sorry, that was kinda random, but Spudda's yellow bike reminded me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the reply's guys. Just received the cowl...its fantastic and genuine Triumph too ;-). Few marks but doesnt matter as I need to paint it yet anyway. Couldnt do a link but the item no. is 300188327267.....still has 14 left!

I found a company in UK called RS Bike Paint and they stock paint for most bikes (including the TT). You get base and laquer for £30.

Bike looks great with it on....cant wait to get it painted.

Dave

·
Registered
172 Posts
thanks to hammer784 & Spudda for posting this! the seller has both cowls and front fenders! i contacted the seller and they agreed to allow me to purchase one of each for shipment to the US, but shipping ain't cheap - $50. worth it imho. if you are not in the UK, each of us will of course have to get permission from the seller before bidding. i'm thinking of doing an entire set of bodywork in white :D.

jeff h

·
Registered
286 Posts
yeah they told me 25 pounds shipping so a total of $97 dollars. Its a tough decision as I can get a new painted one in any color for $175 plus shipping. hmm

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have bought one of these too! Luckily I have a black S4 so I think it will be good old standard black rather than Triumph-pay-£4000 black! Its amazing how rare these seat cowls are.

For those not in the uk you may want to check this out if you are after a black one, its from Germany but may work out cheaper for you:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Triumph-Speed-Four-600-Sitzbankabdeckung-schwarz_W0QQitemZ180172936353QQihZ008QQcategoryZ86739QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m118

Its ironic really as I always look at ebay.com and recently bought some clipons as they are so much better priced and now everyone from the US is trying to get stuff from the UK! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi all,

Finally got round to painting the cowl (got the paint from BikeColours.com). thought you might like to see a pic ;-)

Incl price of the cowl and paint, it only cost £50!!:)

Cheers

Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts