Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sort of mentioned, or rather asked, if there exists a sound clip for TT's, like Specialty Spares, who seems to be the only vendor for Hinckely. I did filter through the exhaust sticky but found naught.
I just love the way they look! Why, if I had them I'd be tempted to hack off the rear peg outriggers and ride solo for the rest of my days.
I like a little rumble, but I do not want to blast eardrums.
Any one know?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know he's got 'em - and loves 'em, but don't think he ever made a clip. That'd be like me - I don't have the stuff for that, LOL. I am LOW tech.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alrighty! Thanks, Resorb, appreciate it. Hmmm...growly suckers they are and look very good on that black.
I think I may try a set. The cops ever give you a hard time? I know up there in Edison, there are a lot of harley guys around with their "noticable" exhausts that would draw the heat away from you. I am in Middletown.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
453 Posts
There's a post on the classifieds at Newbonnevilleriders forum for these with price at $175... not sure what they cost new but that doesn't seem too unreasonable... just a heads up! I'd buy them myself but I live close quarters in the city.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's a post on the classifieds at Newbonnevilleriders forum for these with price at $175... not sure what they cost new but that doesn't seem too unreasonable... just a heads up! I'd buy them myself but I live close quarters in the city.
Yeah, that sounds pretty good to me. If I was not banned from that joint, I'd check 'em out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
david;
nah, never had any issues with the police and the sound.

also, if you want to hear them in person, just ask.. where around nj are you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had them on my bike for 5 months and I love the the sound, they are raspy and mean sounding when you get on the throttle, the idle isn't too loud. I've rode with friends that are on Harleys and they drowned me out. I live around a lot of older people (60-80yrs old) and no one has said anything to me about riding slow through the complex.

But long trips, bring ear plugs or headphones, because the constant noise gets to you. I love them and wouldn't change them; plus they look awesome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts