Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a few posts where folks are saying they replaced the stock bars with Triumph's TT bars. I don't see anything like that on Triumph's website. Anyone have a link? Also, it looks like from the few pics I've seen that you have to change out the risers, or is that part of the package?

·
Banned
530 Posts
Its on the triumph configurator. Twin T Handlebar

I had a go with the TBars and i really liked them. They seem to be pulled a bit further back to me and maybe a little lower.

They were comfortable looked fantastic and will be on my next purchase.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
They were never in the USA site for some reason. I first heard it was because they would not be available here. But they are. Either that or i'm hallucinating the ones that are one mine right now. :D Anyways, i called triumph usa and they then told me they are indeed available so i had my dealer order them. Never take what you see (or don't see) on the triumph websiate as gospel....it's always inaccurate on many things and triumph is ULTRA slow in fixing those things, so i'm not surprised it still doesn't show them. If you visit the UK version of the site and probably most other you'll see them tho.

By the way, thunderbikes offers a different version of the Tbars that had i known about when i bought mine i would have bought instead. the Tbars from triumph are both lower and further back, which i have come to get used to but still wish it were the same as stock bars. Well, the thunderbike ones ARE. However, they are also a lot more expensive. But if you like me prefer the bars in this different position it's one way you can go. they are also slightly thicker by 1/4". 1.5" compared to the triumph ones at 1.25". I measured mine with a digi caliper so regardless of what triumph may say they are NOT 1.5" like the thunderbikes say they are. Then again i could have sworn triumph has stated theirs are 1.5" before, so Thunderbikes could be wrong too, who knows. Anyways, wish i'd had bought the thunderbike ones instead. In fact, i may be willing to sell mine if the price is right. The thunderbikes are about $130 more so i don't ant to take to big a bath on them, but if anyone wants to make an offer i'll consider it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I found them on the UK configurator. I LOVE the way they look, but the configurator showed them (you can see by adding and removing) as being farther away from the rider by what I'd estimate as about a .5-1". That won't work for me. I love the riding position just how it is and I'm not going to do anything that will change it. :)

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Yeah, I found them on the UK configurator. I LOVE the way they look, but the configurator showed them (you can see by adding and removing) as being farther away from the rider by what I'd estimate as about a .5-1". That won't work for me. I love the riding position just how it is and I'm not going to do anything that will change it. :)
Well, for me it wasn't further away at all. and i have done the same thing by looking at two pics and overlaying them. The T bars when i did that were further back, or closer to the rider. I can't say exactly how much because the stock bars can be adjusted and i did adjust mine a bit forward. But i found the Tbars to be WAY back. So i figured even adjusted as they came the stock bars would be further forward. Like i said (edited my last post after you apparently read the edited part) the thunderbike bars are more like stock as far as i can tell.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Are those wider ? Dont want wider hehehe.
I don't think so. Just taller and further forward than the Triumph Tbars. how close to stock i dunno. Plus stock varies depending on where they were tightened down when the dealer set the bike up. You can always email thunderbike. I've been debating whether to take the $ hit and buy them and sell mine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Cutback...

Let me know if you find any tips on install. I actually ordeded them from MADDS myself yesterday!! I cant figure out how to attach a PDF, but I found the Triumph instruction sheet at www.triumphinstructions.com. If you cant find it, let me know and I'll email it to ya.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Be careful with ordering from madss guys. I had no problem with several orders, then got a defective part and they jerked me around and never replaced it. I then called called triumph USA and they said they are not associated with madss and they have no idea where they get thier parts and will not warranty anything bought from them. there have been threads at other forums a while back with other people saying the same thing. Not a good place to do business with. You be be fine or you may get screwed. Not worth the savings IMO.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmmmm, thats a bit worrying dazco. I've ordered several times and not had any issues, but now you've got me thinking. Thats what these forums are for, the sharing of insight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey guys, I too have sincere concerns about ordering from MADDS. My issue is mainly to do with communication. I decided a while back that I will not order from them/him anymore. As for the Triumph T bars. I have them and I love them! They are actually very close to the hand position of the stock bars in my opinion. They look great!

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Hey guys, I too have sincere concerns about ordering from MADDS. My issue is mainly to do with communication. I decided a while back that I will not order from them/him anymore. As for the Triumph T bars. I have them and I love them! They are actually very close to the hand position of the stock bars in my opinion. They look great!
That too. I called for a week once to get someone. A lot of the people complaining about them said the same. And by the way, i'm not trying to tell anyone whether they should order from them or not. It's your call. I'm just telling you what i experienced and some others in a few threads elsewhere. They definately have issues and are not sanctioned by triumph, so for me at least after my experience i find them to be IMO bad business. I'm posting the facts and whether anyone wants to risk it is up to them. i ordered several things w/o issues before this happened, so you may be fine. don't expect communication tho because they seldom answer emails or phone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
...just reordered with my local dealer. Waited for confirmation from madss that it was cancelled.

Tx for the heads up. I had ordered the blacked out seat rack with them before and it was fine... but as I said before ... I would prefer not to have issues with the bars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Be careful with ordering from madss guys. I had no problem with several orders, then got a defective part and they jerked me around and never replaced it. I then called called triumph USA and they said they are not associated with madss and they have no idea where they get thier parts and will not warranty anything bought from them. there have been threads at other forums a while back with other people saying the same thing. Not a good place to do business with. You be be fine or you may get screwed. Not worth the savings IMO.
Geez this worries me a bit.

I just put in an order for gear worth about $1,500. They're prices seemed to good to resist. What other problems have people been having?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts