Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm trying to identify a top yoke from (I guess) a T300 series bike.........and I'm not doing very well...........could anyone help please.

Rob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
In the US, only the Classic range had risers and regular bars. I seem to recall that some Speed Triples in the UK had that sort of setup when their US counterparts didn't, but I believe those were later, injected bikes.

The part number cast into the bottom of the yoke should be definitive, but maybe not so easy to get to...

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi,

I think you will find it is the top yoke from an early Tiger ('93>).

Interested to know what it is fitted to?

Geoff

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. it is fitted to a tiger, but definitely isn't a tiger yoke...............I can't think I've ever seen one like it.

Rob

·
Registered
744 Posts
Blimey .. isn't that just what I need for my Sprint to put bars on it.

What makes you think its NOT off a tiger?

And does anyone know if one of these would fit on a sprint?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it's not off a tiger, as I have a tiger and am putting mag wheels on, which involves a new top and bottom yoke. If you want to add handlebars, then you could buy an LSL bar kit for your sprint..............I may have one for sale shortly. I'm looking for an early carb version speed triple top yoke if anyone has one for sale.

Rob

·
Registered
744 Posts
Strange cos it looks like the fiche pic for a tiger and it seems to be fitted to a tiger.. what am I missing? LOL .. But I guess it can be misleading the fiche pics that is..

Yes .. Rob I was going to make a bar adapter, seems easy, costed it up from steel and no overly expensive.
These Riser / LSL kits / superbike bar kits .. seem to be grossly over priced from new.
Kind of got people by the goolies if you ask me. People want them, and are willing to pay, without realising they can make one with 20 quids worth of off-cut steel and 10 minutes on a milling machine and some welding.

I'd be interested to save me doing one myself, depending of course on the price mate :)

Cheers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just to clear things up.
Its my bike, a 94 Tiger, the yokes are early Trident, ( i think) modded to fit the Tiger bars.
The top yoke has had the original bar mounting holes filled.Underneath, the yoke has been built up with weld, smoothed off and had the straight bar mount bottoms welded on, then clamps bolted on.
I`ve built Tiger stanchions into Trident fork bottoms, all this to fit the Trident front wheel. :)
The rear wheel is a straight swap.
Been in touch with Rob trying to sort his out.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Strange cos it looks like the fiche pic for a tiger and it seems to be fitted to a tiger.. what am I missing? LOL .. But I guess it can be misleading the fiche pics that is.. Cheers

The Tiger (steamers as this body style is called) originally came with spoke rims. A popular conversion involves replacing the spoke rims with the 3 spoke rims from one of the road bikes like a Sprint. The tricky bit in doing the conversion is understanding that the 3 spoke rims are wider than the regular spoke rims that come with the bike. In order to deal with the now wider rims, you have to fit in an early model Triumph triple tree (yoke). Since he has the 3 spoke rim already, he knows that the yoke can't be the original Tiger yoke that this bike came with. His question is then, what donor bike did the yokes come from.

I cant tell rf9rider what they came from, but the donor bikes would have been an early Speed Triple, Legend and Adventurer.

You should have a look at this thread over on the TigerTriple.com site (maybe you have, but if not, you need to.)

http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9670

·
Registered
744 Posts
Mate, I have a 93 Trident Sprint and have owned a Trident, and ..they don't look like that.
Unless you drive two fekkin' great holes in 'em :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
If they'll fit a Sprint, I'll 'ave it if you are getting rid? :)
No mate, not selling.
Don`t know about your Sprint, but another option on the Tiger is to use a set of yokes from a LegendTT, Thunderbird or Adventurer.
I have a set of these to use on my other Tiger i`m rebuilding, so might be an option for you?

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
Blimey .. isn't that just what I need for my Sprint to put bars on it.

What makes you think its NOT off a tiger?

And does anyone know if one of these would fit on a sprint?
Sorry if I'm thread jacking, but I have a set of Legend yokes I pulled off my bike going spare after I did the ZX fork conversion. I'd be fairly sure the stanchion separation is identical since I did some measuring on a friend's 97 Sprint when I was considering a fork brace. The stem & adjusters etc. will match as the frame/headstocks are the same. Not sure about the 'offset', may be a little bigger, but may be fine?

The polishing/lacquering would need refinishing. And would need bar risers. Maybe PM me if that's of interest?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts