Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
... KBB says $8K so not overpriced...
I find KBB to be a bit optimistic. Nada Guide seems to be more realistic, or maybe just more up to date. I always check both (and no one pays the asking price on Craigslist, "firm" or not.) :wink2:

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
And no one pays NADA or KBB either, especially approaching winter.
Used T-Bird prices were in the tank, even before the demise of the model. Much worse now.
It's a shame; it's like the best kept secret!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh well, somebody is going to get a really nice bike in perfect shape with just a few thousand miles. I have changed the oil 3x and the coolant once. For me, it was the bike that never was to be. After riding so many years (since 1974) I never thought I would have a bike just sitting. I just hope someone gets to really enjoy it because it runs perfect.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I tried to trade my 2010 in on a new bike. It's got a lot of miles ()70k) but it looks and runs pretty much like new, even the salesman was impressed. Then he offered m $500. I told him the new tires cost that much and walked away. These things are definately a losing proposition when it comes to resale. I saw one listed in craigslist dead mint with 4000 miles, not even broken in listed for $4500 and it sat there for months. I may have to junk mine or list it for maybe $1000-2000. Someone will be getting a hell of a bike that will likely go 200-300k miles for next to nothing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I only bought my low miles (6K) 2010 TB 1600 2 years ago and love the (clackless) bike. I figure eventually it will be a collectible that I shall be able to show off at antique shows and it will appreciate in value LOL!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts