Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to sell my T-Bird 2015 like new on the Craiglist and Cycle Trade, but not much response. I know this type of bike only some mid age people who like classic design love it. Could someone recommend where else should I post to find the right group of people to sell? I live in Bay Area of California.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought a 2015 LT off Facebook marketplace. FWIW the guy said he had it listed for 6 months so be patient.
TB is a beautiful beast, congrats! I love it, just don't have time to ride cruiser. But at least I have own it for a while, it still is the most beautiful cruiser I have ever seen. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
I sold my 2012 TBird in 2016 when they were still in production. It don’t remember but it took way longer than 6 months. I live in Reno and someone from Canada bought it. I came way down in price after it became apparent that the thousands of dollars in mods (Big Bore, Progressive suspension, etc.) didn’t matter. Try ebay and craig’s list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WTB

Can anyone tell me where the classified ads are on this website? All I can find are the rules for posting a classified ad.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
It's to keep scammers off the site and other trolls. Since you joined you could have posted a comment once a month and gotten the 25 posts. I don't make the rules, but seems easy enough to follow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have tried to sell my T-Bird 2015 like new on the Craiglist and Cycle Trade, but not much response. I know this type of bike only some mid age people who like classic design love it. Could someone recommend where else should I post to find the right group of people to sell? I live in Bay Area of California.
I have the same issue right now. I live in SW Florida. I get almost zero response from Cycle Trader. Has anyone had better success?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Cycle Trader is a good place, its the heavy cruiser bike market and more directly these Triumph models are tuff to move without losing you shirt. I was offered less than 5K for my LT on a trade last year. Hate to think of 2020 pricing. You're better off keeping it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cycle Trader is a good place, its the heavy cruiser bike market and more directly these Triumph models are tuff to move without losing you shirt. I was offered less than 5K for my LT on a trade last year. Hate to think of 2020 pricing. You're better off keeping it
Can't keep it. Had surgery last year and my Doc says my riding days are over. I hate watching it just sit there on the battery tender. :|

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
Put it on eBay. Yes you will pay a fee, but eBay reaches a wide audience for selling. I've sold things on eBay that I couldn't sell on local CL or other sites. If you don't want to deal with an auction, just put it in as a classified ad.

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Put it on eBay. Yes you will pay a fee, but eBay reaches a wide audience for selling. I've sold things on eBay that I couldn't sell on local CL or other sites. If you don't want to deal with an auction, just put it in as a classified ad.
I bought a Rocket on ebay from Baxter Cycles and paid for shipping. It was a one of a kind. When I sold my 2012 Bird in 2016(?), it took a long time. I sold it on ebay as I did my 2004 Rocket. Be prepared to take a beating. That’s how it goes with Triumphs, especially out of production ones. You could have upgraded the entire thing to pure gold and it wouldn’t matter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts