Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been holding off doing any exhaust/intake mods as the cost of racing a bike on the salt flats depletes all of my resources and makes a proper set of accessory mufflers out of reach. Recently, I dropped the bike at a stop sign, pranging both brake levers, and my wife decided to buy the old fart a set of Renntec crash bars. The upside of that little episode was that I learned how to bend aluminum, heat it to 500 deg. with a propane torch, quench it in cold water, and you have 10-24 hours to beat it back into shape before it hardens up again! While everyone else was busy buying presents for their loved ones, I happened to spy a pair of nos [real] Dunstall Decibel mufflers on eBay for a mere $149.99! I sweated for a week that nobody else would notice these gems and have to have them for a Norton resto or some silly thing and got lucky, mine for $155.55! I ordered some exhaust adaptors, found some 70's nos chrome muffler clamps on eBay, ordered jets and ss carb screws from NewBonneville, and my brother, who lives in snow country, is kicking in a Polaris bellmouth. HO,HO,HO, Trumpy is going to have a very happy new year, we hope that all of you will too! Have fun, Tom

·
29,948 Posts
SWEET!

Good for you man - can't wait to see pics.

You know - if you're handy with the old metalwork, you could fab your own airbox removal kit (see Frank Blacks thread in the "great source of info" sticky in twins tech talk) and get yourself even more boost, for the price of some aluminum sheet and a couple if UNI filters or summat!

Go man go! Good on yer! :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congrats! My girl made out well too with Hagon shock & spring package and the fork gaiters that shoulda' been anyway. Her B-Day is coming soon so looks like daddy will get her some Pirelli Sport Demons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts