Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all,

I last rode my Speedmaster about a week ago and all was well when I did my standard safety check. When I went out this morning, the right-hand indicator functions properly but the left-hand side seems to be malfunctioning. The left front indicator doesn't flash at all, and the left rear flashes in double time. The left rear seems to flash twice as fast as the fully functional right-hand set. Any ideas? All help will be greatly appreciated.

Chuck :???:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
If that happens on a car it simply means the bulb has gone in the front light, so the wattage/voltage(someone help me out here!) menas the relay goes twice as fast because it doesn't have the same draw. Should be a simple bulb replacement.

·
Registered
228 Posts
One of my Americas did that once for a few days back when the bike was newer and then quit, I never did figure out what it was.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think RichB has got it. Change the front left bulb out, and everything should be fine. Because that front left is not drawing any current (load), there's a bit more juice available for the rear bulb to overblink.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And the winner is...

BRIT26! I headed out to work this morning planning on going to get a bulb after work. I double-checked the indicator issue and at that time it was still happening. About 5 minutes into my ride I signalled to make a left turn and the front indicator was working again. It's got me stumped. Thank you all for the advice and I'll try replacing the bulb next time should the problem arise again.

Chuck :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts