Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put my trans together 3 or 4 times now and it won't shift, i could get it into neutral but thats it. i think i'm doing it right but somethings wrong.would anyone have a print of the 4 speed, if i can see it maybe i can coorrect the problem, the bottom end is from a 1966 bonnieville [ i belive]. its in a 73 bike so my parts book shows a 5 speed. anyone have an idea as to whats wrong.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have been reading other posts and was woundering if im indexing it wrong when i put it back together.when i took it apart the last time i noticed the operating quadrant was pointing down as far as it can go. everything seems to go together right. is the camplate suposed to be in a certain position before assembly, how about the operating quadrant, i tried to remove the camplate to inspect it but it does'nt seem to want to come out, is it just suposed to pull out or is something holding it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think this is what im doing wrong, i have a clymer manual and it did not go into detail about this. i could not see how the camplate quadrant was being held when the inner cover was pushed on.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well hears where i stand. i put it back together again and this time it seems to shift. i use the kicker but it doesn't turn engine and the rear wheel does'nt turn, but i have'nt put the clutch back yet, is this why.

·
Registered
348 Posts
yes, no clutch no start

i would run it thru all gears before you put back together to make sure its right. just put in gear(s) and spin wheel to check full function

1 - 13 of 13 Posts