Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off my tank to do some maintenance on my Tropy 1200, and then got called into work. I did not take a pic of the way the lines come off the petcock, can any body tell me where they go or have a picture of on done correctly. I got the two fuel lines. but after those I'm lost.

·
Registered
653 Posts
It doesn't matter on large lines, just how they line-up the best. The small line is a vacuum line that goes to #3 carb or which ever carb doesn't have a rubber plug in the top corner.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If I remember right. Large fuel lines go to left and right of petcock, they're shaped to fit. Small un-formed tube that follows fuel lines towards carbs, goes to the inside nozzle coming straight off the back. On my 900 it's really easy to pinch this one against the frame, be careful. Vent tube(right/rear underside of tank) hangs straight down, watch it doesn't get pinched in anything. Fuel gauge wire connecter, and your done.

Figure out a fix for that vacuum line for the petcock and you'll be a hero.

Carry on!

·
Registered
74 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.