Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off my tank to do some maintenance on my Tropy 1200, and then got called into work. I did not take a pic of the way the lines come off the petcock, can any body tell me where they go or have a picture of on done correctly. I got the two fuel lines. but after those I'm lost.

·
Registered
653 Posts
It doesn't matter on large lines, just how they line-up the best. The small line is a vacuum line that goes to #3 carb or which ever carb doesn't have a rubber plug in the top corner.

·
Registered
348 Posts
If I remember right. Large fuel lines go to left and right of petcock, they're shaped to fit. Small un-formed tube that follows fuel lines towards carbs, goes to the inside nozzle coming straight off the back. On my 900 it's really easy to pinch this one against the frame, be careful. Vent tube(right/rear underside of tank) hangs straight down, watch it doesn't get pinched in anything. Fuel gauge wire connecter, and your done.

Figure out a fix for that vacuum line for the petcock and you'll be a hero.

Carry on!

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Figure out a fix for that vacuum line for the petcock and you'll be a hero.
What sort of fix did you have in mind? I've just replaced mine with thicker cross section tubing so it doesn't kink so readily. Did you have something a bit more high-tech in mind?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys

Yall really helped me out, got it back together and running great. The replys rely helped. Ill saved some of the pics and plan to take my own pic when I do it again next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts