Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Im new to the forum. Done my intro a while back. Thought best to thread in NZ section initially....Scored a 94 trophy for xmas...Now Im in need of a new rear shock. Does anyone have knowledge of where to source a decent replacement at a realistic price? I also wish to replace front springs around same time. Bike has just rolled over 105000 km. Im putting on new tyres and want the suspension to be at its peak for my ownership. Has run Z6 for most of its life. Im considering Angel TT. Any comments on tyre selection for Nz roads would be appreciated also. Im in Ak so riding mostly north of Taupo for now. Thanks in advance:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info Nick:) ill check it out. Will post details of pricing here in NZ once i find out.... Genuine triumph shock is $1600 here. :eek:Aftermarket is approx $700.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Very good condition zx6r shocks are on average 60-100 usd on eBay. If a thunderbird triple shock fits your bike, a zx6r will to, you might need to shuffle some things around to get the reservoir to fit but it's an excellent upgrade.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts