Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm sure the older members of the forum are tired of pointing to dead threads to answer newbie questions. I'm also pretty sure that the phrase "try the search button" gets old.

is it time for motorcycle.com (or me, or someone) to get to work on a wiki? i know i wouldn't mind having all the great advice from the forums in one place. even abbreviations could be easily identified. not everyone knows what NARK stands for.

does such a beast already exist? what do you think? just throwing it out there....

·
Premium Member
14,085 Posts
We used to have a Wiki on the older site but it was never successful due to the amount of work that had to be put into it and it was replaced by Blogs which equally has never really taken off.

At present we have sub-forums of Maintenance and Performance Tips in a few of the respective forums where informative threads are re-directed after discussion in the main forums.

There has been debates on pointing to old threads by searches and just re-discussing them for new issues. That's the present trend, and we are fortunate with the membership to have a large number of gurus !

Feel free to discuss this subject further !

---------------
Ride on ! :)

·
29,948 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts