Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We thought they would lock us down like in france yesterday but they just brought in fines for groups of anymore than 5.

It's quiet out but one needs to ride with super care. If you fall of an hurt yourself chances are you will wait a LOOONG time for care....

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hindsight is wonderful just think how much could have been saved if the borders worldwide had been shut months ago .

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hmm, how very unshengen :devilish:

Triumph motorcycle, closed and blocked off Swiss border, is anyone else thinking of a re-enactment of the Great Escape fence jump:)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Definitely thinking of the SMQ jump. And that bike reminds me so much of my 69 tiger when I first owned it, same color. but had a handrail on the back of the seat. I didn't have the knee pads on and it was before they ran that breather tube along the rear fender (maybe think about a puke can - just sayin.) Makes me wish I was 23 again, for sure.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I'm guessing that the Service Stations are still open then....no trouble buying fuel? Is it a contactless purchase at the bowser/pump?

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Hi, In the San Francisco area people are taking social distancing very seriously. However some situations it is acceptable to be close. Gas stations are business as usual. Pay at pump with card or pay cash inside or at pay window to cashier. Grocery stores & pharmacies same a usual. Pay with card or cash at check out stand. Distancing is being followed in the line at grocery stores. So you cart is in front of you & you gap you & cart so your body is at least 6' (2m) from next shopper. In practice many are doing more like 10'. On our rides John & maintain 6' at stop lights. Normally we would be close side by side. We never ride side by side while moving. Only at stop lights. It is agreed who is leader & that person takes off first when light turns green.
On side walk & parkland trails people step over as possible to maintain distance. It's almost always possible.
Even most young adults are following this. A few morons on TV news are obviously not. The only way to beat this fast as possible is for everyone to follow distancing & other protocols.
On a side note this has given time to work on bike related projects that had been pushed to back burner.
Don

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Gardens well tidy grass mown shrubs pruned flower beds getting dug over next . After that I guess its look out shed here I come . Hmmm should maybe fill some cans of petrol purely for the mower you understand .

·
Registered
86 Posts
We thought they would lock us down like in france yesterday but they just brought in fines for groups of anymore than 5.

It's quiet out but one needs to ride with super care. If you fall of an hurt yourself chances are you will wait a LOOONG time for care....

You closed all borders?!

Inviato dal mio LLD-L31 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No most borders are closed but some are still open but controlled. No access for france or italy (and vice versa) not sure about germany but I think germany border is also essentially closed.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts

Sweet looking ride there Bro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts