Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a Triumph Wykin Leather jacket (L), in good to great condition. If you have one sitting in your closet not being worn, sell it to me!!
27AA9D96-FCE1-43AC-A628-7EACB72468F5_1543629030458.jpeg
4D0DFBC7-4887-4BAA-8E26-9CC82E17A681_1543629195323.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I've got one of those Wykin's. Its very nice...I use it mainly for the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride the past couple of years. Mine is Medium so likely not what you're looking for.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got one of those Wykin's. Its very nice...I use it mainly for the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride the past couple of years. Mine is Medium so likely not what you're looking for.
I had a medium, but found that it was a little tight once I dropped in the back protector.

I suppose if I’d lost a few pounds, it would have been fine... but I sold it to a friend. Triumph has brought their price on the Wykin down to $250! Unfortunately, they only have massive sizes left. They must be discontinuing the model.

I think I’d like to see if I can snag a latge, but if I can’t, how much would you want for it?

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Hadn't thought of selling it. But could put the cash towards the constant money pit Norton Commando I now have.
I could go $200 and split shipping (I'm in Vancouver....will be in Ottawa over xmas if that's helpful).

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hadn't thought of selling it. But could put the cash towards the constant money pit Norton Commando I now have.
I could go $200 and split shipping (I'm in Vancouver....will be in Ottawa over xmas if that's helpful).
That sounds good. I’m going to be in Ottawa over the holidays too!

Let me see if there’s any movement on the large in the next couple of weeks. I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Yango. Where did you find massive Wykins for $250? Cursory check of the web shows $400 plus. If you can direct me I’ll check them out. I’m probably in your “massive” category!

?

Dave

·
Registered
141 Posts
I got my Wykin XL just 2 weeks ago from the Triumph website ($250). I had it shipped to the nearest dealer and avoided any shipping cost.

I love it! It's an awesome jacket and worth twice what I paid!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone must have one of these taking up space in their closet...

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I'd trade mine for an AirRetro jacket. Almost got one last season when it popped up on Kijij in Ontario...but the dude would not ship it, local sale only!!

>:'(

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There seems to be a plethora of mediums out there... where are the Large??

The person that I sold my medium to, never wears it, and has offered to sell it back to me for half of what I sold it for... but it’s a medium.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Could you get it enlarged along the seams using a gusset? I had my large size Raven jacket reduced to fit me better at a local leather motorcycle jacket maker.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Could you get it enlarged along the seams using a gusset? I had my large size Raven jacket reduced to fit me better at a local leather motorcycle jacket maker.
I would think that reducing the size is more feasible than enlarging—you need to have enough leather in the seams to let out 2”... that’s a lot of material.

I’m sure a large will materialize at some point...

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I would think that reducing the size is more feasible than enlarging—you need to have enough leather in the seams to let out 2”... that’s a lot of material.

I’m sure a large will materialize at some point...
I think new material can be added at a seam to increase sizing. Reach out to a leather shop to find out.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[/QUOTE] I think new material can be added at a seam to increase sizing. Reach out to a leather shop to find out.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm... I never considered that. It would be a major rebuild, probably pretty expensive... but I suppose it can’t hurt to ask.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts