Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the story.

I've had two small warranty issues with my 2008 Speedy. These were warranty issues no doubt and I am totally pleased with the way Triumph handled it.

1) The clutch cable housing frayed where it rubbed against the wire cable keeper behind the radiator. The wire "sawed" through the plastic casing to the steel cable outer housing. I looked at the 2009 models and this wire keeper was simply omitted. So, if you've got one, take it off as you don't need it.

Result: I brought it to my dealer and they fixed it the next day in about 20 minutes with a new cable free of charge. How awesome is that?

2) A few days ago, the clear plastic window over my tachometer and speedometer developed about 5 cracks ranging from 1 to 3 centimeters. I am not sure whether this was from extreme weather differences. Sometimes I ride from 35 to 80 degree weather in 2 hours. In California you can do that.

Result: My dealer took photos and sent them to Triumph. Two days later ( yesterday) I got a call from my dealer and they said Triumph is sending out a new unit and it will be installed at no charge. WOW.

Now that's good speedy service for my speedy ( haha ). I will continue to support Triumph and buy their motorcycles. I am going to get a 2009 Daytona for the track. It's nice to know that they stand behind their product.

Try doing this with a Suzuki. Man, it's like pulling teeth to try to get Suzuki to cover a claim.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Here's the story.

I've had two small warranty issues with my 2008 Speedy. These were warranty issues no doubt and I am totally pleased with the way Triumph handled it.

1) The clutch cable housing frayed where it rubbed against the wire cable keeper behind the radiator. The wire "sawed" through the plastic casing to the steel cable outer housing. I looked at the 2009 models and this wire keeper was simply omitted. So, if you've got one, take it off as you don't need it.

Result: I brought it to my dealer and they fixed it the next day in about 20 minutes with a new cable free of charge. How awesome is that?

2) A few days ago, the clear plastic window over my tachometer and speedometer developed about 5 cracks ranging from 1 to 3 centimeters. I am not sure whether this was from extreme weather differences. Sometimes I ride from 35 to 80 degree weather in 2 hours. In California you can do that.

Result: My dealer took photos and sent them to Triumph. Two days later ( yesterday) I got a call from my dealer and they said Triumph is sending out a new unit and it will be installed at no charge. WOW.

Now that's good speedy service for my speedy ( haha ). I will continue to support Triumph and buy their motorcycles. I am going to get a 2009 Daytona for the track. It's nice to know that they stand behind their product.

Try doing this with a Suzuki. Man, it's like pulling teeth to try to get Suzuki to cover a claim.
just hope you don't run into a little bigger of a problem.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a 3½ year old Tiger with 21000 miles (owned by me from new) on the clock.The bike has been totally reliable but has suffered from a slight wobble under braking. I mentioned it to my dealer and Triumph provided a new front wheel,new discs and pads even though the bike is well out of warranty. I was very impressed,although I know I have a topclass dealer and I have been a regular customer for many years. In my view a god dealer and a good bike go hand in hand.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh man Ohsoslow,

Not to hijack this thread but:
I read your posts in the other threads. I hope everything gets worked out. I can only say that in 7 months and 15k miles, my engine has been a gem...doesn't leak or burn even a drop.
Keep us posted in other threads and good luck to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts