Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this to the Thunderbird site, but should appear here.

I was visiting Commonwealth Moto in Louisville, KY today and inquired about the Triumph parts availability problem. I was told that in March, Triumph USA started the process of moving their parts warehouse from Atlanta to Elizabethtown, KY (on I-65 south of Louisville) and that the move was nearly complete. The problem we've all been experiencing was due to the depletion of parts at Atlanta before the move (i.e., fewer parts to transport). I suspect that this means that part distribution will improve. NOTE: UPS has a major distribution center in Louisville. Let's hope this means better service going forward.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hmmm, interesting. Is Triumph USA, HQ still going to be in GA?

·
Registered
752 Posts
A dealership manager told me that Triumph USA was moving to where the Barber Motorsports park was. Birmingham, Alabama.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yea, that's a rumor that's been around for a while now. Although it would be awesome, I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I sure hope this means parts availability improves. Don't understand why Triumph does such a good job with their bikes and such a poor job supplying parts in the US. It shouldn't take weeks or months to get parts.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
You said it dwr!

The bit about parts being hard to get because of the move doesn't make sense to me. What, it's taken them two to three years to move? Because it's been the last two to three years that folks here, myself include, have been complaining about delays in getting parts.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
With all the large US market Triumph should stock EVERY part in a central US warehouse. Majority of parts could be at any US dealer in the lower 48 in three days if they cared to do it.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
It takes 24hrs in UK. Try http://www.worldoftriumph.com/section.php/4276/1/triumph_parts

Understand it takes 7=10 days to US and is cheaper even allowing for shipping costs by FedEX
Indeed. I resorted to that place when I needed parts and stuff for my 24K service. Everything I needed arrived in 6 days! And it was comparable to anything I could get in the US. I was pleased.

But dwr is right, we need that type of parts delivery here in the states too.

H

·
0 Posts
I guess I am a cynic. I have read of these moves over the last year and the rumors/stories all stated when Triumph hired the ex HD flunky. Now to my memory is burned the story of HD threatening their union with a move to KY if they didn't kick back some wage and pension goodies to the company.

Isn't the least bit possible the new American CEO knew HD had these places and a deal was struck? British business is always falling pray to the slimy American business folk. Has Triumph fallen into a take over trap?

Of course I am one who prayed to the gods for some one to buy Ducati so I could get parts on time and look what the gods sent me. Okay back to normal conversations.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I sure hope this means parts availability improves. Don't understand why Triumph does such a good job with their bikes and such a poor job supplying parts in the US. It shouldn't take weeks or months to get parts.
Ya ain't even wrecked the new bike yet and you're already worrying about parts? :D

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Triumph-branded add-ons seem take no time at all. My dealer ordered a windscreen on Friday and it was here Tuesday. He ordered saddlebags Tuesday and they arrived Thursday morning.

Not to be too cynical, but it seems that if it has a high margin, Triumph USA appear to have no trouble at all with sufficent stock and fast shipping...

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Triumph-branded add-ons seem take no time at all. My dealer ordered a windscreen on Friday and it was here Tuesday. He ordered saddlebags Tuesday and they arrived Thursday morning.

Not to be too cynical, but it seems that if it has a high margin, Triumph USA appear to have no trouble at all with sufficent stock and fast shipping...
The opposite was true for me.

Ordered fly screen, cowl and belly pan at the end of May. Didn't see the parts til early August.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ya ain't even wrecked the new bike yet and you're already worrying about parts? :D
Irish, you know that "Pack" he runs with. There's pressure to have the biggest and best! Good thing they're not local! Whew!

Seriously, what some terrific folks, huh?

Deanno, you're smart to get ahead of the "game". Don't wait until you're in need. You could be out of commission for bit!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts