Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reference is made to my post dated
2007-02-24 13:51

"I just spoke with a Triumph dealer and he stated that Triumph markets different Leathers to different world markets. IE: what is available in the USA is much less of a selection than in the UK. I find this marketing scheme pretty F*CKED!!!!! More info when I get a response from Triumph USA. Later All!"

Today I got a response from Triumph USA in Newnan, Georgia. The person who handles protective leather products. He stated that Triumph UK knows about the USA market wanting items only offered in the UK. He said hat he would convey my wants regarding protective leather items to the UK representatives, when they come to the USA for a meeting. Basically, the 2007 catalog is out and Triumph UK is giving us the "F" BOMB. I hope all who read this will go to the Triumph UK Web site and send them your finest regards (IN THE QUEEN'S ENGLISH, OF COURSE!) about how they are screwing a market that is at least 10 times larger than the UK. So now I must order from a Triumph dealer in the UK and spend $200.00 on shipping alone. Thanks!! By the way, if any one has a contact in Triumph UK, please pass my finest "F" BOMB to them. It is the only "proper" thing for gentlemen to do! Later All!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

·
Registered
348 Posts
John Bloor hates america, but loves our money. :-D

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Seems to me your being a bit over sensitive guys, If there was a demand there would be a supply I do not think Triumph would throw money away, of course there is more demand from the US but there is also a huge supply base in the US much bigger than in UK, Mr Bloor has displayed thousands of times that he is a buisness man who knows how to make a profit, I would think there would be cost implications put on triumph by the US Gov, just like there is on other things that we could supply but you produce in the US, I think if memory serves that the old ladies in the shetlands who hand knit items are also unable to sell in the US do to having to pay 400% import duty to get stuff into the US markets, I am ot saying that is the reason, just there must be one. :???:

·
Registered
603 Posts
Like Doods said, if there is a market for it then I would have thought Triumph would exploit it.

I could be wrong but I suspect most of Triumph sales in the US are more cruiser orientated than sports so most riders won't be interested in full leathers etc.,

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tariffs and duties are not an issue. The UK is a member of the World Trade Organization as is the USA. The UK enjoys most favored nation status with the USA. Defined-Most Favored Nation status is when a country enjoys all the lowered tariffs and reductions of trade barriers that all other members of the World Trade Organization (WTO) receive. All members of the WTO have Most Favored Nation status, and all receive the same trade benefits as all other members.
Therefore I state my previous line-Triumph UK gives the USA an "F" BOMB!!! Forward thinking, IE marketing to a large market such as the USA, opens the door to new customers and drives capitalism. History and economics lesson complete! More rants to follow,if necessary.
PS-I love the UK, it is Triumph UK the gets my ire up! :mad:

·
Registered
2020 T120 Black
277 Posts
Xavi,

what's the price of the suit if you order it via the UK? with shipping... kinda curious

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cannot find a one piece. The jacket is $550.00 (USD) and the pants are $450.00 (USD) plus minimum $200.00 (USD) shipping.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Broke down and gave the dealer in the UK the $$$. The choice was that or no Triumph gear that I wanted. Additionally, I purchased a Teknic Chicane 1 piece suit for another $430.00 with knee sliders. Evaluations to follow. :mad:

·
Premium Member
7,368 Posts
I think you are being fed BS. Triumph USA, who import Triumph are a privately owned concern. Triumph UK will supply them with anything they ask for, if they are able to. All orders will have minimum requirements of course, they can`t just order 1 leather jacket, so I would suggest that they`re playing safe. Either that, or it`s a safety standards issue, whereas Triumph`s leathers would have to be destruction tested to gain some sort of type approval for the US market. It`s the same story here. My local dealer is currently No1 in the whole of Australia but they never carry anything more than a dozen t-shirts and a few belt buckles.

[ This message was edited by: welshrob on 2007-03-01 04:23 ]

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish I could get the straight scoop. I am really disappointed with the lack of customer service provided by the company. Any way, when I get the items, I'll post a review. Ride safe!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
you know that the uk gets a whole lot of stuff the us will never see, kinda of like a monster 400 and who knows how many different kind of cars. if a monster 400 was available, i would most likely buy it. you know how much fun that would be!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, but once again I say think forward. How about one website where you can order anything Triumph and send it worldwide. Later all! :mad:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its just stuff. I mean really, we get their bikes, if they dont want to ship jackets and pants to us, oh well. Nothing much we can do about it but ***** on forums, right? :)

On a happier note, my triumph leather/carbon gloves kick serious ass.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes! I am awaiting my Triumph Hard Carbon Gloves and new boots. Later & ride safe! :hammer:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got a response via email from Triumph North America today. This is the best they can do:

"In the future the US market will be bringing in a larger and more varied
line of gear and corporate wear.

We look to bring in products that will be the most popular to the US
market. "

Blah, blah, blah corporate bullish!!t!

Whatever that means! Hey thanks for the input! STOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS-Cram it in yer cram hole!
:-D

·
Registered
28 Posts
The tone of your post makes you sound like a spoiled brat. Too much anger over material luxuries and complaints about what other people should do for you.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Plus some Kima :upthumb: Stuff like this makes me laugh because just a few short years ago there was no internet, some of us remember that and maybe some have forgotten the days when one had to write letters and wait weeks or sometimes months for replies to questions. Long distance phone calls in the states were not an everyday event and buying something from another country was an extreme luxury. If a person cannot find what they desire in this day and age, then there is more of a problem than meets the eye here. ;-)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Xavi,
I posted a reply to your earlier thread. I didn't realize you started a new thread on the same thing.

Triumph used to carry a wide range of products in the US, but a lot of dealers got stuck with merchandise that didn't move. Thats why dealers like Second Wind are sitting on a Decima suit, size 50, at 1/2 price.

Think about it - last year was Triumph's best in the US in over 25 years - they sold 10,000 bikes (Thats fewer than the number of Harleys Bruce Rossmeyer sold in Florida). How many of those 10,000 new Triumph owners would want a 1-piece leather suit? I think a coupla hundred, tops, or 1 suit a year per dealer.

Triumph may set up some sort of special-order system, where anything can be ordered, anywhere in the world, but not unless it makes business sense to Mr. Bloor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts