Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone to customer services at Hinkley and I,m fuming. After getting a quote of £325 for a new sprag clutch (part only) I thought I would chance my arm and see if triumph would like to help out with the cost. After all, my bike may be an 05 model and out of warranty but its only done 6000 miles and I would expect any motorcycle part to last longer.
I was met with an arrogant arsehole who denied there was a problem on any triumph and that it is not a mileage related issue. Any problems he claimed would have been the fault of the owner for not starting the bike with a fully charged battery. And horror of horrors, having the audacity to use the starter too much.
I explained that the net was full of stories of triples with these problems and he just denied it. Saying that It was down to me.
Well I dont know about you guys but even if I used it once for every mile I have driven I would still expect the thing to work.
I told him that this was the head in the sand attitude that sank the british car manufacturing industry to which he immediately ended our conversation.
I hope he gets piles the tosser.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It was a similar story for the 4th gear problem with the early T595`s.
Triumph denied there was a problem. If that was true, why did they upgrade he part? Mine went with 12K on the clock and cost £650 to sort as it is an engine splitting job. I had the sparg clutch done at the same time because they were known to be weak.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts