Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Triumph Trident 900 who is interested

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Wire-Wheels 
#1 ·
Ok guys and girls

Who would like to see a new 'classic' Trident 900 using the new engine in the Tiger 900

Styled right and priced right I think it would be a good seller

Anybody agree? Disagree? Lets get Triumph moving:)

What do people think??

#8 ·
I'd rather see the old Thunderbird from the same era with modern amenities. This is the one I use to own until I sold it a couple of years ago.
That's such a pretty bike!! I was looking at one the same colors in Manhattan last winter before I bought my TBS. It had a big dent in the tank though and the seller was difficult to deal with.
The bars on your bike don't look like stockers. I sat on a stock Thunderbird and prefer the ergo's to mine but I did lower my pegs quite a bit so it's not bad.
Yes, as a Triumph owner I'm probably myopic but if they re-released the Thunderbird Sport with only the new Tiger 900 motor, kept the wire wheels and added abs, and dropped the electronic aids and TFT, I'd be all over it. it might find a slot between the Bonneville and the Thruxton and come in under $10k. I'm probably dreaming though....

Reactions: bonza
#5 ·
I have always been an advocate for a new Trident (which is kinda what the old Thunderbird was) with classic lines. I disagree with the cost hike because as a modular motor it should be plug and play, so more volume means lower production cost. I do agree that it would not increase overall sales, but rather rob from other triumph models so it won't happen. I'd rather have a 900 trident in the old Vetter X-75 style. which is why I built a CRK kit out of a Trophy 900, I built my own Trident ( I guess its a T180, or a X-90)

#15 ·
I've seen them in green, red, and black. Mine is the only Deluxe I had ever seen. It is a metalflake black. The gold graphics and knee pads are part of the Deluxe package from what I have learned by read up on them. ...J.D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.