Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Turn key primes ok.. Press start nothing happens.. No headlights, lno sound from staryer motor or engine..
A clicking noise from the blue relay next to fuses.. But thats about it.
It did start and tick over yesterday for about 15mins..
I turned it off 20 mins suiting up,
Turned key pres button nowt happend.. 馃

Registered
Turn key primes ok.. Press start nothing happens.. No headlights, lno sound from staryer motor or engine..
A clicking noise from the blue relay next to fuses.. But thats about it.
It did start and tick over yesterday for about 15mins..
I turned it off 20 mins suiting up,
Turned key pres button nowt happend.. 馃
Flat battery?? They do do some strange things when the battery's low/flat...

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply.
I tested the battery and it shows 14.2v output.
馃馃憤

Registered
Check out my thread in the workshop/mod forum. There's a diagram of the starter relay and a link to a full wiring diagram towards the bottom.

The head lights and the starter solenoid get power from the starter relay. The headlights should go off when you push the starter button. If the headlights aren't working at all and there is no response from the starter button there is either no power in our out of that relay.

I'd check the fuse first. Not just that its not blown but seated correctly and the prongs aren't all crudded up.

After that unsnap and lift the fuse boxes up and over and then lift all the relays and wiring up and over so you can get to the bottom.

Don't trust the Haynes manual picture of relay location. In my case it was way off. But I think the blue relay is the starter relay but verify it by the wiring diagram and wire colors.

At the bottom of the relay verify the fuse wire is hot first then check the outputs for voltage. On tapatalk right now so its hard for me to look back and forth at the diagram while typing... Oh and push on all the relay wires to make sure they are seated

I would bet if you only have problem then it would almost have to be around that starter relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts