Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read lots of threads on changing for those muffler and it is supposed to increase the hp!

Ok but does anyone know by how much?

I am changing them anyway just curious!

·
Registered
509 Posts
how was your trip-i have 2-1 arrow -airbox removal ai removal-powercommanderv-about 5 hp rear wheel after one half ass dyno fix -i will take it back and do the 6 hr tune with 200 rpm increments-i don't know if it will gain more but there will be no flat spots-i gotta say a lot of money and time for 5 hp-but it really seems to have a lot more snap and is a lot more fun-i raised the shocks 10mm and that really made the bike fun

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My trip was just great after the first day, lots of great road and the weather was from good to great... Tybee Island was nicer then what I had expected.... for blueridge I am speechless,,,, worth all the effort involved. you have to know that on our first day the thermometer was around freezing point and raining so it was hard.... But over all met nice people and riding on us road is just a blast here the roads are so third world like that it sometime take the fun out of riding....

I dont change my muffler to gain power but because an idiot backed up on my bike so I have to change them so might has well go for something else....

Any one knows the answer... I read the post that bleach indicate but I am not technical enough to understand what they explain! Hp indication will be fine for me .....

·
Registered
185 Posts
On a stock EFI motor you're getting 56-60hp, depending on milage and dyno shops. With the installation of TORs and remapping the ECU you can gain between 6 and 9hp. That is good bang for the buck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the information bleach, sorry ratlab but since it is the insurance that pays for it... my bike is already at the dealer and I am suppose to get it tomorrow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts