Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone over 200 lbs that owns a Thruxton uses these? I am confused as to whether they are perfect for up to 200 lbs or over 200 lbs?

let me know
thanks
-K

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Its not the 418 or 412 or whatever model you choose,its the "regular" or "heavy duty" that decides which springs they send on the shocks.Progressive has about a 1/2 dozen different springs available so you can fine tune them to yourself later if you need too. I`m at 200lbs fully dressed to ride and very rarely bottom the "regular" set I run. My springs are a 75/120lb set.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK I did buy ones that are "heavy duty" so that makes me more at ease since they are already on the bike. How does it feel while riding being 1 inch shorter than stock?

Its not the 418 or 412 or whatever model you choose,its the "regular" or "heavy duty" that decides which springs they send on the shocks.Progressive has about a 1/2 dozen different springs available so you can fine tune them to yourself later if you need too. I`m at 200lbs fully dressed to ride and very rarely bottom the "regular" set I run. My springs are a 75/120lb set.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
SWEET !
but that was 2" ago.:D
My seat height is 26",so I see the road even closer up than you will.

·
Registered
84 Posts
"Ruining a perfectly good bonnie since 2004". Rodburner, that cracks me up whenever I see it 'cause that's pretty much what my wife and daughter used to say to me for a while after I started modding my bike. They would ask me what I was doing and then answer their own question "messing up your motorcycle again". I guess you've heard that yourself.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Yeah,I used to. but since the wife can`t ride with me any longer,she often insists that I get out there and do something new to the bike.I run everything I dream up,past her,before I make the change. She allows the expenditure of my money too.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts