Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I've got issue with Street Triple 675 R 2012. When turn the key lights coming on on the dash, oil pressure light and engine check, then only oil pressure stays on without neutral light.
-Battery fully charged
-kill swich is not on
-I've bridged side stand switch and clutch switch to eliminate the problem
-I could not hear fuel pump priming
-after pressing start button nothing happened, no sound at all
-I've replaced neutral switch for another second hand and still nothing, it has 3 pin connector so is there any way to test it?
Any suggestions welcome
Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hello everyone

I've got issue with Street Triple 675 R 2012. When turn the key lights coming on on the dash, oil pressure light and engine check, then only oil pressure stays on without neutral light.
-Battery fully charged
-kill swich is not on
-I've bridged side stand switch and clutch switch to eliminate the problem
-I could not hear fuel pump priming
-after pressing start button nothing happened, no sound at all
-I've replaced neutral switch for another second hand and still nothing, it has 3 pin connector so is there any way to test it?
Any suggestions welcome
Thanks
It sounds like you have a fuel pump issue — fuse? Pump itself? Wiring?

I’m not sure if the pre13+ are the same, but my pump is two pieces and has half separated before.

I’d say check the fuses and such
Pull the pump and make sure everything is connected (plugs/wires) and make sure the two pieces are snugly together.

The neutral switch sounds like something is off, but I’d look at the whole ‘not priming’ business is what I would tackle first I think.

DISCLAIMER: others may have better/more knowledgeable insight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All fuses has been checked and good, I'm thinking that in bike think it's in gear then it will not prime but maybe I'm wrong. Even if pump is not connected when you turn the key it should still show neutral and try to crank

·
Vendor
150 Posts
Have you tried starting with the sidestand up and the clutch pulled in? If it primes & starts, then the problem is in the neutral switch & wiring. If it still doesn't budge, then you need to dig deeper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please read my post as I've explained already. Side stan and clutch sensor is bridged to bypass those safety switches and bike still not working, won't crank and no neutral light

·
Registered
167 Posts
I’m guessing you can put it in neutral and roll it without the clutch being in?

Also, have you tried bump starting it?

Tested the battery?

If fuses are good, it still seems odd that it won’t prime.

·
Vendor
150 Posts
All fuses has been checked and good,
Not to tell you how to suck eggs, but there have been a few threads of late on different sites where a visibly-ok fuse turned out to be blown after all. Did you check the fuse with a multimeter?

+1 on bump starting ...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny you say that as the ignition switch was recently repaired after attempted theft, do you think that might be possible issue?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Funny you say that as the ignition switch was recently repaired after attempted theft, do you think that might be possible issue?
Probably should have mentioned that information right at the beginning:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts