Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just picked them up and have worn them for about 8 hours total so far. I am a new rider so take everything I say with a grain of salt. They look great and feel pretty comfortable. I can only imagine how they feel when they are actually broke in. Only complaint is that they are a bit noisy walking and moving around in them but that could be a thing with all leather boots of this nature.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Stoke boots are great

I know this thread is almost a year old, but I found it when I was searching for the boots before I bought them, so thought I should comment. I was looking for a leather-lined motorcycle boot to replace the leather general-use boots I'd been wearing. It was surprisingly difficult to find leather-lined motorcycle boots. Almost all have synthetic lining. I bought a pair in black direct from Triumph. They are exceptional quality: leather-lined and stiff-soled, with ankle protectors and waxed laces. The soles are white but are quite different than the white soles of Red Wings. They're made in Portugal, btw. Only caution is that they seem to run narrow compared to other men's boots. I bought a 41 and they fit perfectly, but I'm a woman with medium-width feet and I suspect that they'd be a little snug on anyone with wider feet. They arrived stiff but walking around and riding a bit have loosened them up nicely. I'll update this thread in a few months if anything changes.

·
Registered
952 Posts
They are nice looking boots. Probably good quality.

I find it interesting that the picture in the link doesn't show the laces extending above the top eyelets.

I've caught a lace on a footpeg. I won't wear laces on motorcycle footwear again.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
They are nice looking boots. Probably good quality.

I find it interesting that the picture in the link doesn't show the laces extending above the top eyelets.

I've caught a lace on a footpeg. I won't wear laces on motorcycle footwear again.
If you ever wear lace-up boots, always tuck the laces into the top of the boots, after you've tied them. It's the only way to be sure that you won't catch them.
Jim

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you ever wear lace-up boots, always tuck the laces into the top of the boots, after you've tied them. It's the only way to be sure that you won't catch them.
Jim
Not only do I always tuck the laces inside, I fold the the top of my sock down over the top of the boot - and I've never had the laces come out that way.

BTW, I own these boots (in the tan color) and really like them. They look great and feel like they have decent protection (for this style of boot). They aren't water proof and they aren't warm because they flow a lots of air - but that makes them very comfortable for rides in the late spring to early fall.
The only downside for me is that they aren't real comfortable to walk around in. The high & tight fit puts some unwelcome pressure points on my achilles tendon.
However, I really have only worn them to ride in and have never tried to break them in for walking so they'd probably get much softer if I actually tried to break them in that way.

Also, in regards to them being noisy, all I did was put some leather conditioner under and all around the lace eyelets (on the top of the tongue) and the noise quickly disappeared.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
I usually don’t like laces on motor boots but I really like the look of the black Stoke boots particularly with the contrasting wedge sole. I wear a US size 13 (roughly a EU 47). Triumph doesn’t make a Stoke boot larger than EU 46. Knowing Triumph allows returns within thirty days I took a chance and ordered a pair of 46 boots. No joy. Half a size too small. Nice boots though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts