Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re-doing a gas tank and Im interested in using these stickers i found on ebay. they look cool, but no one in the states sells em and Im not sure of the quality.

anyone in the states able to make a QUALITY sticker that looks like this one? 7in wide

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Be very careful about using regular stickers under paint as all too often they fade with sunlight, especially the warmer colors. Ever see an old, blue poster in the window of a shop that was supposed to be full color? That's what happens. No biggie if you stick it on over the paint but if you lacquer over it you could end up regretting it. You need to ensure that whatever you use is UV-proof. Also, the glue can do funny things under lacquer.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Go on eBay and look up "RSVrider"...dunno if he can help, but he's pretty decent at decals.
Failing that, contact Nige at Pitty's Custom Vinyls in the UK....they do the Triumph Triple Challenge race-bike decals...they're pretty damn good, and are UV resistant too.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Re-doing a gas tank and Im interested in using these stickers i found on ebay. they look cool, but no one in the states sells em and Im not sure of the quality.

anyone in the states able to make a QUALITY sticker that looks like this one? 7in wide

Why are you worried about buying from anywhere but the states? I purchase parts and bits from over seas quite often. I bought a set of pistons from Austria last month at a much better price than anywhere in the USA.

I'm as patriotic as you can get, but it is a world economy.

Kem

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
check out isaydingdong.com.
They have tons of stickers, fit for placement under clearcoats.
Yeah, they are in the UK, put shipping isn't a problem to the US.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts