Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to fit the newer fairing cockpit with newer hearligh assembly on an earlier (2005+) Sprint? From photos the holes look like they are all in the right place for fitting to the exisitng fairing - just looks like the headlamp shape is the only difference that needs to be accomodated.

Apopologies if disscussed before- tried searching forum - lots of result but nothing about this particular issue!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm in the process of doing this now on my 2009. I have this thread on here and will be updating it hopefully early next week if I can get it finished soon.

Assuming the 2005 parts are the same as mine, you'll need the following from a 2010 onwards bike

Cockpit fairing
Screen + wellnuts and screws
Headlight
Paint unless you're lucky to get one in the same colour as yours (Caspian Blue for example was available on the early ST and then again on the GT)

Everything else is the same and the loom just plugs into the same connector as the existing headlight

I've spent in the region of £450 on everything but could recoup some of that if I choose to sell the original bits

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the process of doing this now on my 2009. I have this thread on here and will be updating it hopefully early next week if I can get it finished soon.
Macduff thanks for your great answer!
I found a list that suggests the ST cockpit is the same 2005-2012
but don't think that can be right based on the newer ones I've seen, and theres a different PN for 2011 and 2012 (I guess when they were switching to GT):

Did Triumph really sell older and facelifted versions at the same time?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts