Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After four and half years and 17000 miles, the battery on my 2015 Sprint GT has just about expired.

This maybe just a production hiccup on my particular bike, however..

On removal of the old battery, it was evident that it had been sitting on top of a substantial part of the wiring loom. I've owned the bike since new and the battery has never been removed until now. Vibration between the base of the battery and the loom had worn through the outer loom banding and had started to bare on the electrical wires themselves.

The part affected was a branch off the main loom that runs across the front of the battery tray. It might be worth checking for similar damage if you own a Sprint GT.

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
You mean wires inside of the battery compartment
I changed my batterry in december an I guess I would have seen those. Mine is a 2011.

·
Registered
614 Posts
2011 Sprint GT here and I did not come across that situation when I replaced the battery. Hope you sort it out safely.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I stuck a new battery in mine last year and don't recall anything strange about the electrical connections.
It kind of sounds like something an Ace Mechanic did during set up.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Are you talking about the wires that snake under/around the bolts that go through the frame? That might be a good place to put a rubber cap or maybe spiral wrap over the exposed threads as a prophylactic measure.
My wiring looks a little different than stock due to the heavier gauge starter leads.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No it's the main part of the loom at the base of the battery compartment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts