1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
892 Posts
Got the copy in my E-Mail. It will not open. Generally I am not impressed with the format of this E-zine. I may just be a dinosaur, I like my mags in print.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I would suggest that a sticky be made and when this online offering comes out, we can all see it,..and even harken back to previous issues.

Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I had trouble opening it on my I-phone, but after I wiggled my finger on the screen a few times it suddenly opened. I don't know why that worked.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

H

·
0 Posts
It must just be me but every time I read that news letter I come away thinking it must be a mis label of some other companies newsletter or net magazine.

This letter is full of the claims that customers come first, customers are always used in focus groups when new bikes are to be designed and staff and employees are the back bone of the company.

Yet we read weekly if not daily of shops closing due to pressure from the company to do things that are not possible in most instances. We have in America a whole sale re do of mission statements from the new boss and long time trusted employees were let go.

I am not knocking quality, price or even model mix but am questioning statements of existing customers having input into the design of new bikes, of what we, the base, would like to see. The new 800 adventure bikes are fantastic bikes yet could be on a BMW web site, Same with the new 1200 Trophy and Tiger. BMW clones. Did any existing Triumph owner really want a BMW wanna be? If so why didn't they just buy one?

When the 800 engine was designed it opened an opportunity to make an extremely light and agile tour bike to replace the chunky Sprint GT, or a unique duel sport that was a stand alone Triumph.

Not unlike many others here I bought my Triumphs over the years because they were different unique and ran well. If I want a BMW I will quit riding, if I want a Timex type bike I will get the king of them, a HONDA. I don't believe the company is customer driven, the marketing boys from Madison avenue have taken over.:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts