Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
623 Posts
On 2006-12-08 18:42, Diego wrote:
> Oh Mr Bloor, while on the subject, could we have a midsize all roads adventure bike using the D675 mill please.

Yes sir, please, sir!

They wouldn't be able to build those fast enough... :wink:
Rode one at Baxter and LOVE that motor. Something that good shouldn't be solely for those who like to ride in the same position they molest sheep. While they're at it, the Hinckley boys can give this fictional machine neo-classic styling, but more like the T3 Thunderbird than the Scrambler. Dealers worldwide would have a drawer full of deposit checks the day they unveiled it.

· Registered
623 Posts
On 2006-12-07 13:33, ender wrote:
...but at H-D you can get a base Electra-glide for $16K all the way up to a full on Gold-Wing fighter for $33 from their CVO which are all I saw when crossing the Rockies on a trip to California this past summer. There is obviously a market, but does it belong only to H-D??
In all my touring of mountain states and provinces from the Carolinas to Alaska, I don't think I've seen more than a handful of those obscenely priced CVO Ultras. Most of the countless EG's you see from Standard to Ultra are just regular Harleys. The CVO is mostly bling and motor mods with a steep price--you get plenty of amenities with the regular production Classic/Ultra.

Since you brought up the 49th state I went to Hyder Seek on a Road King along with a buddy on an Ultra. I was about as comfortable as he was though I didn't have the stereo. You don't need a bike with everything but the kitchen sink to do long-distance touring, just one which has comfort and stamina and isn't a problem to keep maintained on the road. Contrary to popular belief, Harley baggers hold their own at the first 2 and have 'em all beat at the 3rd if travelling the US & Canada. That's why you see so many.

· Registered
623 Posts
On 2006-12-08 20:33, ender wrote:
I didn't mean all I saw where CVOs, I meant that all I saw where Dressers, I would say about one hundred of the H-Ds, I stopped counting at 80.
If you only counted EG's and TG's --the faired models considered dressers-- that was maybe half the HD touring bikes. RK's which are the exact same platform are big sellers too because they have most of the comfort (all if set up right) and are "convertibles" with a windshield that removes in seconds and comes in several sizes. You're not stuck behind a big bodacious fairing even in hot weather but you give up some electronic goodies, most of which HD and/or the aftermarket offer if you want them e.g. true cruise control (stock on some and easily added to any model in HD touring line).

To keep this on the subject of Rockets, if Desert Dawgs and electronic cruise were available you could make the Rocket Touring about as comfortable as HD baggers. Soft lowers like the Dawgs (indispensable cold weather unless bike already has hard lowers) are another thing that's missing and can't be had unless you pay an upholstery shop to make some afaik. The outfit that makes Dawgs said they'd support the Rocket if somebody would provide a bike with engine guards for making the pattern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.