Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Street Twin | 07 Sprint ST
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Triumph calls their various wind screens and fly screens by different names. Here's a summary of the seven different screen they offer, along with the sizes. Hopefully this will be useful info for anybody choosing a Triumph screen.

Small screens
A9708381
Colour-coordinated Summer Screen (UK)
Color Coordinated Short Windscreen (US)
Height: 188 mm (7.4 in.) Width: 245 mm (9.7 in.)

A9708303
Clear Summer Screen (UK)
Clear Short Summer Screen (US)

A9708151
Dark Tinted Summer Screen (UK)
Dark Tinted Short Windscreen (US)

A9708407
Short Tinted Summer Screen (UK)
Light Tinted Short Windscreen (US)
Height: 188 mm (7.4 in.) Width: 245 mm (9.7 in.)​

Medium screens
A9708408
Clear Longhaul Screen (UK)
Clear Tall Summer Screen (US)
Height: 249 mm (9.8 in.) Width: 262 mm (10.3 in.)

A9708409
Tall Tinted Summer Screen (UK)
Tinted Tall Summer Screen (US)
Height: 249 mm (9.8 in.) Width: 262 mm (10.3 in.)​

Large screen
A9708307
Longhaul Screen (UK)
Tall Touring Windscreen (US)
Height (above seat): 525 mm (20.7 in.) Width: 480 mm (18.9 in.)​

All the screen use the same mounting bracket (A9708349) supplied separately, except for the longhaul screen / tall touring screen (A9708307) which includes its hardware.

-Alan

·
Registered
141 Posts
It would be great to here how much protection the bigger screens give, being the tall tinted and the long haul screen, don't seem to be many people with them at this stage...

Thanks for the info though

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the silver ST and the Large Screen (Long Haul). I am 6 ft tall and the screen comes to mid chest with the wind hitting me there up. Not really what I call "Long Haul" but all that Triumph offers. I have contacted Clear View and some of the other aftermarket companies with negative results. I currently have a the remnants of a sportster tall screen added to to top of my "Long Haul" to help with the wind. It extends it about 9 inches which is about right for me.

·
Registered
16 Street Twin | 07 Sprint ST
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it seems like most folks have a smaller screen so far. I have the color-match short screen on my ST. It takes a bit of punch out of the air but doesn't offer much change in the airflow overall.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have the silver ST and the Large Screen (Long Haul). I am 6 ft tall and the screen comes to mid chest with the wind hitting me there up. Not really what I call "Long Haul" but all that Triumph offers. I have contacted Clear View and some of the other aftermarket companies with negative results. I currently have a the remnants of a sportster tall screen added to to top of my "Long Haul" to help with the wind. It extends it about 9 inches which is about right for me.

Does the long haul have brackets that mount to the inside of the headlight supports? Any pics?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the clear medium screen and am quite happy with it. I am 5-10 in height. This screen keeps wind off my chest and arms, clean air on the helmet and a very slight turbulent air at the base of the helmet. Hardly noticeable. As a side note I have 4 helmets (don't ask) and some are noisier than others on the same bike under the same cinditions so your results may vary.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts