Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has successfully fitted an OEM screen to an 09 Bonneville, specifically an SE. I took ownership of my SE in Febuary and ended up with a trade-in excess of $400.00, which I applied to a dealership credit. I assumed I would use the money to dress up my new bike with some dealership accessories, starting with a centerstand. Together, the dealer and I learned that the centerstand doesn't fit the SE, so I asked them to order up a summer screen. After two months of waiting for the summer screen's arrival I am being told that they cancelled the order because it "probably won't fit". Is this true??? Does anyone at triumph even know what accessories fit the new bikes? I guess I could just buy a sh**load of Triumph teeshirts and leather key fobs and be done with it, but I've got the urge to accessorize man. Sorry for the rant...I guess my question would be what accessories have people successfully fitted to the 09 EFI Bonnies? Anything fit?

Russ

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Got my SE with the Roadster screen and the bigger saddlebags installed. The bags and screen were in stock at the dealership when the first SE arrived so I'm inclined to think they must have been for the pre-09s too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply cbwright, so the roadster screen does fit the SE. I wonder, is there any difference in mounting hardware between the roadster and summer screens?

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
I've ordered my new one with the removable summer screen, dressers bars, fuel cap, alarm immobiliser, auxillary power supply. Its not come yet, but I should have it by the end of May.

If you look on the web site at the extras there are loads you can get so they must be ready now as after market parts.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
That is poor planning by Triumph. Had the same experience when buying a Thruxton to discover that the Bonnie centre stand WILL NOT transfer over - the Thruxton stand is an inch longer. Thing is, so few people order a Thruxton centre stand that Triumph did not bother to alert dealers to the difference. Now, they have so many bike and part variations, there will be gaps - and the SE has gaps. You could try Dart screens http://www.dartflyscreens.com/ and ask if the stock bonnie screen will fit the SE (quite possibly) - or if they could produce parts to ensure same. I have had two Dart screens and they are simple, effective and good value.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts